holla back University of Chicago

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Gumshoe

LARGE Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, does anyone have tips, hints, or advice about U of Chicago interviews? I'm from Chicago, but I think I should stay overnight to get a feel for the school. Any suggestions will be helpful, thanks

Gumshoe

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Gumshoe,
Go Chi-town! Congrats on the U Chicago invite! That's awesome. I'm sure it won't hurt to spend the night--that way you don't have to fight traffic in the morning either as well as get interview tips from your host!

Athena, you gotta be Greek. Hahaha. I am too (half-breed, we're better that way) ...

The Greeks are per capita the most successful, i've heard, then the Jews.

Gumshoe

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by Gumshoe
Athena, you gotta be Greek. Hahaha. I am too (half-breed, we're better that way) ...

The Greeks are per capita the most successful, i've heard, then the Jews.

Gumshoe

hey make sure to mention that in your interview dogg!

Hey Gumshoe--I'm living in Chicago too. I opted not to stay the night, partially because I've got friends in the med and law schools there, so I'm planning on going down to visit/tour sometime soon (I interviewed before school was in session, and was very impressed, but I'd like to get a better feel for the students there).

The interview is *very* low-key. They just want to get to know you. The Deans and admissions staff are all incredibly friendly.

Just be yourself and I'm sure you'll be fine. Most students live in apartments in Hyde Park, so I don't think it'd be that exciting to stay the night. That's just me. I just got up early, took the Red Line down to the Randolph Metra station, and got off at 57th. Walk straight west and you're there in 10 minutes.

Originally posted by Gumshoe
Hey, does anyone have tips, hints, or advice about U of Chicago interviews? I'm from Chicago, but I think I should stay overnight to get a feel for the school. Any suggestions will be helpful, thanks

Gumshoe