2023-2024 University of Chicago (Pritzker)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
WL earlier today...very heartbreaking but I will not lose hope :)

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
No call but just got my A letter in the mail today HOLY !!!! I live in the South Suburbs so im pretty close !!! dream come true

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Group chat for accepted students? I can make one!

Do people prefer GroupMe, Facebook or another app?

Can’t wait to meet everyone

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
turns out admissions usually sends out a facebook group link around second look time!! and a groupme usually forms around thenmight be better to just wait it out so it’s more official/less confusing

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Missing out on all the custom whatsapp stickers if you use groupme bro
I didn't even know that lmao. I don't use Whatsapp but I'm first-gen. I feel like I'm betraying my identity.

got the OOS A earlier today!! so excited and hope to see some of you there :) does anyone know when on-campus revisit is?

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 2 users
just recieved the call early today. my letter came in earlier then expected. for those admitted, has anyone looked into housing options that UChicago may offer outside of finding an apartment? Please let me know!

WL question -- does UChicago have a recommended timeline to send letters (updates/intent) for people on the waitlist? It is my top choice school and program so any insight would be so incredibly welcomed.

Any sense of the landscape of scholarships available? Are there full tuition? Full ride? Are they as generous as Wash U seems to be?
From what I have heard, they are willing to go up to full tuition AND cost of attendance. IDK if this is based only on need or merit or both though. Additionally, 60% of the incoming class will have a full tuition scholarship (they sent an email or something about this a while ago).

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
From what I have heard, they are willing to go up to full tuition AND cost of attendance. IDK if this is based only on need or merit or both though. Additionally, 60% of the incoming class will have a full tuition scholarship (they sent an email or something about this a while ago).
Is the 60 percent full tuition merit?

Here it said that 59% of last year's MS1s received full tuition scholarships!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
So we should start seeing posts about FA and merit awards soon right?

So we should start seeing posts about FA and merit awards soon right?
When I emailed about some of my files around a month ago the associate director of fin aid said that I could expect a financial aid notification by mid March!

Decisions for scholarship and aid come out starting March 22nd!

Last edited:
Full merit scholarship received just now!

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 9 users
Full tuition just now 🤪 (admitted in November)

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Care
Reactions: 11 users
Congrats to everyone who's heard so far : ) praying for the rest of us to hear something!!

• Care
  • Love