2023-2024 University of Chicago (Pritzker)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
A few questions for ppl: Do we think yesterday was the end of the A wave (probably right)? Did anyone who go the A interview in December? and do we think the next A wave is (end of Feb or no)?

Members don't see this ad :)
When do final acceptances come out? When you say spring, is it more like March or starting in Feb?
According to SDN posts, it has been in late February around the 22nd for the past couple of years. But this January wave was a little later so who knows what it'll be this year.

When do final acceptances come out? When you say spring, is it more like March or starting in Feb?
I believe they said acceptances continue through the first week of march. They also said that the largest group of acceptances goes out in late february or early march so I hope this is still the case :')

Reactions: 1 users
Hello everyone,

I am an alumni of UChicago (graduate school) and while I was not accepted I do have a fully furnished apartment (including brand new furniture, a standing desk, and full wall whiteboard) on campus (1 bed/1 bath + indoor garage parking spot) that I am putting on rent. My neighbor last year was also a medical student. If you or someone you know is interested please feel free to reach out! Congratulations to all that were accepted. Wishing you all the best :)

I've been getting a lot of messages regarding the apartment on-campus I'm renting out. If you are seriously interested, please send me a private message with your phone number and we can set up a time to chat. It makes it easier for me and doesn't require me checking SDN as much as I already do lol

Congrats again and best of luck to everyone still waiting to hear back!

Anyone else interview in September and still haven’t heard back? 🤔

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Is it worth sending an update letter/LOI at this point? I have 2 papers I’ll be submitting in the next few weeks (which I won’t include, probably), but I’m thinking I would restate my commitment to service and tell them about taking Medical Spanish this semester (as a post-grad).

Is it worth sending an update letter/LOI at this point? I have 2 papers I’ll be submitting in the next few weeks (which I won’t include, probably), but I’m thinking I would restate my commitment to service and tell them about taking Medical Spanish this semester (as a post-grad).
Definitely can't hurt and maybe phrase it like "Pritzker's on going commitment to service and social health, which paralleles my own motivations, further reinforces UCM as my top choice program". Weave your interest with their mission statement and with your accomplishments is what I recommend. Also, I would mention the 2 upcoming publications.

Reactions: 1 user
Based on previous years, do we think decisions might come out this week?
I'm actually a little surprised this thread isn't going crazy with trying to predict when the big wave results are coming out. I was hoping there would be some conjecture by some stressed-out applicant who is trying to analyze what admissions had said with past acceptance waves lol... not that I wish for any of you to actually have that level of stress <3

hopefully this means we are all at peace with where we are (or just too tired to think anymore, much more likely)

• Haha
I’ve honestly turned so numb towards this process that I gave up

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
May God and Pritzker bless me with acceptance this week. Amen

• Care
Reactions: 7 users
IS A. Received the call this morning! Interviewed in September.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
I pray not to have a heart attack from another scam call.
Please bless me with an acceptance
Amen

IS A phone call just now! December interview

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
isn’t this sppsed to be a big wave 😭 is it the last A wave or is that in March?

I just missed a call from my interviewer!!
A!!!!! I definitely thought I didn't do well interview-wise so this is a shock!!

Edit: Also, interviewed in October! Since I wasn't in the last few waves, I thought it was over - I'm putting this here for future readers so you know that even if you interviewed earlier and didn't get in the first 2 waves, it'll be alright!!

• Love
Do they make all the calls in one day? I am guessting if you don’t hear till 3/12, you’d be either rejected or waitlisted :(
Interviewed in Aug

Any other August or September interviewers heard nothing yet? It looks like a lot of the recent waves have been from more recent interviews, so I'm not hopeful

Any other August or September interviewers heard nothing yet? It looks like a lot of the recent waves have been from more recent interviews, so I'm not hopeful
Yep, interviewed in Sept here and nothing. My interviewer responded to my thank you and said “Pritzker would be lucky to recruit you” so I guess that doesn’t mean much lol

• Care
Yep, interviewed in Sept here and nothing. My interviewer responded to my thank you and said “Pritzker would be lucky to recruit you” so I guess that doesn’t mean much lol
Only my student responded to my thank you, and my faculty interviewer absolutely hated me so there's that haha

• Care
Got an A call at around 12:30!! My interviewer called me and I interviewed in October.

• Love
Is this the last wave? November interviewee here. IS IT OVER???
Calls have previously spilled over one or two days so don't lose hope yet.

• Care