Hooray for "alternate" lists...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mordounhas

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wasn't expecting to hear back from UCinci until Wednesday, but I was fortunate to hear today that I will be placed on their "alternate list." I knew that interview didn't go over well...

Members don't see this ad.

how did you hear this and when did you interview (wondering since I interviewed there 9/18 and it is my top choice) ?!?!?

Maybe 50 minutes ago I got the promised "check your status" e-mail. It's funny because they said they wouldn't tell anyone until Wednesday, but that's what I got.

Members don't see this ad :)
:scared::scared::scared: i am pretty sure we interviewed on the same day and i was kind of banking and being relaxed about hearing NOTHING from them until Wednesday. now i am freaking outtttt :scared::scared::scared:

my interview could have gone better as well...

I got the acceptance notification this morning :)

It's not heart-breaking because I've had other interviews and should hear back from OSU and WSU soon. I just wasn't planning on seeing it today.

guess this means i havent gone to committee yet??????

Members don't see this ad :)
the 17th, first day of interviews I tink

I think they must be relaying the decisions they made last week out today instead of holding off until Wednesday. Most of us (with the exception of me apparently) will hear on Wednesday, and not on Monday.

I think they must be relaying the decisions they made last week out today instead of holding off until Wednesday. Most of us (with the exception of me apparently) will hear on Wednesday, and not on Monday.

yeah, they did say they take to committee more people than they interview per week, so its possible you went to committee with the first interview group.

you have two other solid state schools u are waiting on. this is my only one... i have OSU and Toledo coming up, so my attitude toward those are going to be very different depending on how this decision goes.

i still have nightmares about my interview though..ugh..

Good luck at both of them (and Cinci). My interview at OSU went well, but I don't know much about Toledo at the moment.

Good luck at both of them (and Cinci). My interview at OSU went well, but I don't know much about Toledo at the moment.

thanks, good luck with the rest of your decisions, and let the waiting begin again. :laugh:

Someone on the Accepted Class of 2012 thread posted an acceptance from Cinci and interviewed 10/1 (if you are reading this, congrats!), yet corbis interviewed mid-Sept, and hasnt heard anything. Hmmm....

im on cinci's waitlist too :/ Do you think we'll hear anything this year or will we have to wait till may?

im on cinci's waitlist too :/ Do you think we'll hear anything this year or will we have to wait till may?

you were interviewed and waitlisted the same day? :eek:

i am compulsively checking my email even though i know they wont update status until tomorrow morning at the earliest...

No...i interviewed in october and was waitlisted in october.

No...i interviewed in october and was waitlisted in october.

haha sorry..... its a little late :oops:

when did you get the waitlist notification and what day did u interview--just curious.

Nothing here. It's killing me.

i know. i want to call but i feel like i should give them a few extra hours, and im going to be busy for the rest of the day.

i saw that mordounhas got into OSU though!

i know. i want to call but i feel like i should give them a few extra hours, and im going to be busy for the rest of the day.

i saw that mordounhas got into OSU though!

I wish I were busy the rest of the day. I have work I'm doing but since I need the browser open for that, there is a tab open to my gmail pathetically reading "Gmail - Inbox". It mocks me.

I saw that too. I PM'd him with congrats. I'm sure it took the sting out of the Cinci alternate business.

still nothing today...

I called yesterday and got nothing out of it

I think Cinci does it a person at a time. My notice on Monday came mid-afternoon- hopefully they'll get it out to you sooner. Good luck.

I think Cinci does it a person at a time. My notice on Monday came mid-afternoon- hopefully they'll get it out to you sooner. Good luck.

Well, it is 4:21 and still with the cobwebs in the inbox. Guess it is another week of waiting for me.

Your interviewer probably just didn't get the report ready in time. You'll hear back next week (if you don't then I'd definitely give them a call.)

^ that's probably why I haven't heard anything even though people who interviewed two weeks later than me have...the waiting game continues

nothing over here....

AHHHHHHHH. the waiting is killing me. we need a support group :p

what did they say when you called, corbis? i think they told us that if we didnt hear by today, we should contact them.

do u guys think they will be relaying any more decisions this week, or are we done til next week? committee only meets Mon/Tues of each week, i think.

do u guys think they will be relaying any more decisions this week, or are we done til next week? committee only meets Mon/Tues of each week, i think.

I would be surprised if they relayed any more decisions this week, as I think they've probably handed out all that have been made thus far. I think we'll have to wait until next Wednesday (or perhaps Tuesday late afternoon) to hear anything further. (You remembered correctly -- the committee only meets on Mon/Tues of each week.)

I'll bring the donuts for the support group if someone else brings the hot chocolate.

what did they say when you called, corbis? i think they told us that if we didnt hear by today, we should contact them.

They just said they were very busy and that I should hear soon...I basically got the runaround

I'll bring the donuts for the support group if someone else brings the hot chocolate.

Okay, I'll bring the hot chocolate...but, I think I'm going to have to spike it :p

yep, i am pretty sure at this point that we're done for the week.

heading back to the good old OH for another set of interviews next week...

so it goes...

just received my "alternate list" letter from GWU. :cool:

i guess it's better than rejection.:cool:

Me too. I'm kind of annoyed since I even sent them a letter of interest and my stats are above their avg... I have no idea how they pick. Oh well, moving on in life :p

Jolie, I thought you would make it of all people! You are our superstar :)

Me too. I'm kind of annoyed since I even sent them a letter of interest and my stats are above their avg... I have no idea how they pick. Oh well, moving on in life :p

Jolie, I thought you would make it of all people! You are our superstar :)

maybe, but i think the fact that i'm from texas is working against me in the world of OOS privates.

well, I just got totally rejected from cincinnati...damnit

no, my status page still says no decision has been made...

thanks, and hopefully cinci works out for you guys!