Hotels near Harvard?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

krelian

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would appreciate it if those of you who have already interviewed at HMS can give me some recommendations on which hotel to stay at. I'm pretty broke, so the cheaper the place, the better :) . It seems that I will be interviewing when students are on winter break, so the student hosting option is not possible for me.

Members don't see this ad.

krelian said:
I would appreciate it if those of you who have already interviewed at HMS can give me some recommendations on which hotel to stay at. I'm pretty broke, so the cheaper the place, the better :) . It seems that I will be interviewing when students are on winter break, so the student hosting option is not possible for me.
There was a thread on this recently, but I'll save you the frustration of searching. I stayed at the Boston Hotel Buckminster ($69/night), which is about a mile north of HMS.

Creatine said:
There was a thread on this recently, but I'll save you the frustration of searching. I stayed at the Boston Hotel Buckminster ($69/night), which is about a mile north of HMS.

Is this price still valid? Why am I the only person who cannot get this price from Buckminster? In any case, I am flying and staying at Hampton Inn Logan airpot for a sum total of $253 (cost of flight from Durham, NC to Boston plus hotel). I am told that there is a subway to Harvard - about 40 minutes - which I plan on taking very early to my NP interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
Creatine said:
Thanks for the help Creatine. I briefly remembered your post in another thread, but I could not find it for the life of me.

How did you get to your interview at HMS and how did you get to the Buckminster hotel from Logan Airport?

krelian said:
Thanks for the help Creatine. I briefly remembered your post in another thread, but I could not find it for the life of me.

Did you walk to HMS for your interview, or did you use an alternate mode of transportation?
I have comfortable shoes, so I had no problem with the 20 minute walk. Using the "T" would require less walking, but could take more time.