Hotels near U. of Detroit Mercy Dental

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dooley11

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would like to stay in a hotel that's SAFE and not too far away from the school. Can anyone familiar with that area and hotels recommand decent hotels?

Members don't see this ad.

I was wondering the same thing, does anyone know if the interview confirmation letter they send provides additional information about hotels, restaurants, etc?

I would like to stay in a hotel that's SAFE and not too far away from the school. Can anyone familiar with that area and hotels recommand decent hotels?

Members don't see this ad :)
How close are you looking for?

You def won't be staying in walking distance but let me know how far you are willing to stay and I can name some stuff. Downtown detroit hotels are really nice and the safer of the detroit hotels. A close city with a lot of hotels is Dearborn. A lot of mercy students get apartments in dearborn because it is so close.

Close enough to not have to worry about traffic on interview day, I'll have a rental car so getting there isn't an issue.

You def won't be staying in walking distance but let me know how far you are willing to stay and I can name some stuff. Downtown detroit hotels are really nice and the safer of the detroit hotels. A close city with a lot of hotels is Dearborn. A lot of mercy students get apartments in dearborn because it is so close.

Close enough to not have to worry about traffic on interview day, I'll have a rental car so getting there isn't an issue.

Dearborn is not far and it is in between the school and DTW
The school is right by the 96 freeway
If you're picking up rental car, just follow the sign for ground transportation on the lower level of the airport
Every car company has a spot for their shuttle
Good Luck on your interview

I was looking to stay in "americans best value inn" in Dearbon. Is this place pretty safe??

Safe and Detroit, that's an oxymoron.

Dearborn is not far and it is in between the school and DTW
The school is right by the 96 freeway
If you're picking up rental car, just follow the sign for ground transportation on the lower level of the airport
Every car company has a spot for their shuttle
Good Luck on your interview

Thank you!

I was looking to stay in "americans best value inn" in Dearbon. Is this place pretty safe??

Dearborn is safe in general, but staying in the western portion of the city would be safer. When I drive through, some parts of eastern dearborn (bordering Detroit) are a bit rough looking. I'm sure you'll be fine wherever though. Good luck with UDM everyone! It's not much to look at, but there sim lab is nice. :thumbup: