University of Detroit Mercy Dental Class of 2028 Interview/Acceptance Thread

I haven't heard of anybody getting off the waitlist yet so I hope we see some movement in March!

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't heard of anybody getting off the waitlist yet so I hope we see some movement in March!
Check the facebook group and reddit, looks like someone got in this week and others got in the first week of February. March gets a lot of movement too based off last years sdn forum

Just got accepted via phone call 2 hours after posting this haha what are the odds!!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Did you send a letter or anything to them? I interviewed Jan 20th and have been on the waitlist since but I heard they don't have a ranked system for their waitlist which seems sort of counter productive.
how is that counter productive?

how is that counter productive?
It's counter productive in the way that once you make it to the waitlist if it's not ranked then no matter how well your stats and interview went, someone statistically with lower qualifications can be accepted before you. I originally thought that based on your interview and your stats, they would rank people individually on their waitlist and move down the waitlist in that manner. I don't know for sure if its not ranked but that was what I had heard anyways.

Last edited:
It's counter productive in the way that once you make it to the waitlist if it's not ranked then no matter how well your stats and interview are, someone statistically with lower qualifications can be accepted before you. I originally thought that based on your interview and your stats, they would rank people individually on their waitlist and move down the waitlist in that manner. I don't know for sure if its not ranked but that was what I had heard anyways.
it's not always about stats...

it's not always about stats...
I think you're misunderstanding what I mean. By stats I am not just referring to academics. I also am thinking of like the persons essays, ecs, casper score and interview. I was just saying I don't get why the waitlist wouldn't be ranked taking all of those stats into consideration. Hopefully that makes more sense.

I think you're misunderstanding what I mean. By stats I am not just referring to academics. I also am thinking of like the persons essays, ecs, casper score and interview. I was just saying I don't get why the waitlist wouldn't be ranked taking all of those stats into consideration. Hopefully that makes more sense.
have you read mr.smiles12 blog post about waitlists?
i assume not, since you don't understand how they work...

if you want me to not misunderstand you, you should make yourself clear initially...

have you read mr.smiles12 blog post about waitlists?
i assume not, since you don't understand how they work...
Hello!! I have not read his blog post, and I would love to get more information on waitlists. Do you mind posting a link or pm me with it?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello!! I have not read his blog post, and I would love to get more information on waitlists. Do you mind posting a link or pm me with it?

both posts active just over a week ago...

both posts active just over a week ago...
Thank you. I have not been active on this chat due to having an extremely busy schedule, so I missed it. You don’t need to be rude

Thank you. I have not been active on this chat due to having an extremely busy schedule, so I missed it. You don’t need to be rude
not being rude, being rude would've been ignoring you or telling you to find it yourself
lots of people missed it...

Has anyone heard of anyone getting off the waitlist recently?

Reactions: 1 user
anyone get off the waitlist recently?

Reactions: 1 user
I just declined my seat. Good luck everybody!

Reactions: 2 users
Hi I got off the waitlist 2 weeks ago and have been looking for UDM groupme but I couldn’t find anywhere. The links on here don’t work. Could someone send me the link please?

Hi I got off the waitlist 2 weeks ago and have been looking for UDM groupme but I couldn’t find anywhere. The links on here don’t work. Could someone send me the link please?
You have to accept the offer and pay the deposit to get the link!

Has anyone heard back recently?

Reactions: 1 users