How are my stats? Should I retake the GRE sooner?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Daniel86155

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
So I applied last year but many factors led me to being wait listed for interviews. I have used this past year to really boost my GPA. I also interned as a medical scribe for the emergency department. I looked at the schools I applied to and I fit the GRE minimums except for Azusa Pacific but i would need to take this by the end of August while the other schools allow me to take it by end of september (so more study time). Should I just forget about Azusa Pacific and retake it later for a better score elsewhere.

I do not know if my stats measure up:
PTCAS gpa: 3.4
Pre requ GPA using best grade: ~3.7 depending on how my physics classes are added
GRE: Verbal(147) Quant (155) Writing (4.5)
~170 hours of inpatient and outpatient.
Research in lab on diet effects of lifespan and reproduction rates of flies
Medical scribe intern
Volunteering

Below was last years gpa calculations from PTCAS

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• GPA (1).JPG
    GPA (1).JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 93
I would really try to get verbal above a 150. Unless your heart is really set on Azusa I would just not worry about it and replace applying to that school with a cheaper school that your stats are better matched to. End of the day for PT's the cheaper the tuition of the school the better, unless money isnt something you have to worry about.

I feel like you have a decent chance as long as you cast a wide net of programs.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,
So I applied last year but many factors led me to being wait listed for interviews. I have used this past year to really boost my GPA. I also interned as a medical scribe for the emergency department. I looked at the schools I applied to and I fit the GRE minimums except for Azusa Pacific but i would need to take this by the end of August while the other schools allow me to take it by end of september (so more study time). Should I just forget about Azusa Pacific and retake it later for a better score elsewhere.

I do not know if my stats measure up:
PTCAS gpa: 3.4
Pre requ GPA using best grade: ~3.7 depending on how my physics classes are added
GRE: Verbal(147) Quant (155) Writing (4.5)
~170 hours of inpatient and outpatient.
Research in lab on diet effects of lifespan and reproduction rates of flies
Medical scribe intern
Volunteering

Below was last years gpa calculations from PTCAS

So i had similar stats as you:
3.4 undergrad
3.4 pre req
159 verbal
150 analyt
4 writing
420 shadowing in 5 different settings
and just got accepted to U st augustine dpt after a decent interview

I would say definitely retake your prereqs like chem and physics as a 2.99 may be a red flag. I would also try and rack up as many shadowing hours in --important--as many different pt settings as you can so as to present a well rounded application of which they will view yours holistically, as you probably know.
then practice the hell outta different interview questions they might ask. theres a few forums i found on sdn to help me prepare

So i had similar stats as you:
3.4 undergrad
3.4 pre req
159 verbal
150 analyt
4 writing
420 shadowing in 5 different settings
and just got accepted to U st augustine dpt after a decent interview

I would say definitely retake your prereqs like chem and physics as a 2.99 may be a red flag. I would also try and rack up as many shadowing hours in --important--as many different pt settings as you can so as to present a well rounded application of which they will view yours holistically, as you probably know.
then practice the hell outta different interview questions they might ask. theres a few forums i found on sdn to help me prepare

correction!!! apologies, looked at the link you gave and thought you had a 2.99!! hah sorry, didnt see the 3.7..... you goood there