How bad have i messed up

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yogglo

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So far I have 5 interviews and I don't think I've blundered too badly at most. But I sent an email addressing someone as their first name because they sent an email with their first name as their signature (ex: Sincerely, Kevin).

How bad was this? It was someone at the admissions department.

Members don't see this ad.

So far I have 5 interviews and I don't think I've blundered too badly at most. But I sent an email addressing someone as their first name because they sent an email with their first name as their signature (ex: Sincerely, Kevin).

Immediate rejection, they will pry call all the other schools you applied to and tell them to reject you too, only option at this point is the carib.

For real tho, its not a big deal, just relax lol

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
I usually just go by the name in signatures, I think you’re good lol

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)

Take two of these please:
1570459189819.png

Reactions: 8 users
People involved with medical school admissions are not ogres (for the most part). They are not looking to take offense at "thank you" notes. You are fine.

Reactions: 1 users
Agreed with the other posters. You haven't messed up and your large number of interviews means you're a pretty good applicant. Don't worry about things like that too much.

Reactions: 1 user
Take two of these please:
View attachment 282611

never change goro.

I'll never forget 2 years ago when I was applying I posted something extremely neurotic. Maybe even direct messaged goro it. Goro told me immediately to take 2 of those. Fast forward to now, a second year MD student worried about USMLE step 1 and all the nonsense. Now I could use a recommendation @Goro

• Love
Reactions: 4 users