How badly did I screw up?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

serpiente

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am the biggest idiot ever! I recently submitted my AMCAS. Since I was kind of late with everything, I rushed and mailed paper copies to a few schools. With the paper copy, MCAT scores etc, I included a cover note introducing myself etc. Anyway in the letter I said I was applying for the class of 2002, not 2006! It's already sent to about 5 schools, can't do anything now. Do you think that the note will go into my file--or more importantly that someone will see the mistake and think I'm an idiot? I need some reassurance here, please.

Members don't see this ad.

dude, chill out. no one is going to care whatsoever. it painstakingly obvious that you meant for the entering class of 2002. they're not going to thing that you are dumb or that this application has been lost in the mail for 4 years and just arrived. nobody will notice it!

I wouldn't worry :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't worry. That happened to a friend of mine and nothing ever came of it.

Dude, relax.

I submitted my app to SCAMCAS with some incomplete info. Things like contact names (in post 2ndary exps.) and some minor biographic information. I did this because there was a bug for about 2 weeks where you couldn't edit certain pages so I just said "**** it", and sent it in. This year is so screwed up at this point that most adcoms aren't gonna be nitpicking about the piddly **** in an application.

Oh yeah, one more thing; in my practice vision, when I pasted from Word all the apostrophes became question marks, I submitted to SCAMCAS with that snafu still in place also.

There are going to be many typos and mistakes in this year's applications.

Hi!

Don't sweat it! Personally for me, it confusing that I am applying this year, but all schools want you to specify which "entering" class I am applying for! I don't know..its not that big of a deal..but its just dumb because you can hardly apply two or three years in advance!!! You know what I mean? :)

I'm glad to hear that someone else also had their quotation marks and apostrophes turned into ? marks on their essays..........

I also told AMCAS about this. doubt it will get changed though.

later

If you said the app. was for the Fall of 2002, you're fine, because thats how ive been noticing all the med schools and amcas do it.....they havent (yet) said, "dear applicant for 2006" bla bla bla....bottom line is you're ok :)

About those quotation marks, it was definitely a bug, in particular when u "paste" the statement. It kept happening with me, and i just fished out the mistakes and manually changed them. Hope that helps.... and good luck!

Thanks for the support guys!I don't think anyone will notice. But I probably won't make that mistake again!