How can I make my application more rounded?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rooks

Pre-med
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I hope this post is okay. I still have two years until I actually apply to med. school, since I'm taking a gap year. :)

I just feel like I need feedback to see what I still need to do, to strengthen my application. I've completed all of my pre-reqs and I just need to get my bachelors completed!

My goal is to become a primary care physician! Is my app considered service oriented? What kind of MCAT do I need, since I'm a California resident?

What I have:

GPA - 4.0
California resident
White female
Regular state-school and community college
600 hours hospice volunteering over three years, 1000 projected - CLINICAL VOLUNTEERING
500 hours crisis text line volunteering over three years. I might do another 50 hours to keep it recent, but I feel like I reached the point of diminishing returns. NON-CLINICAL
4 semesters of Peer mentoring/teaching in a course teaching them how to succeed in science classes - PAID EMPLOYMENT
Hobbies: dog training/rescuing, cooking, reading, bilingual (West-European language)

My plan for the last three semesters of college is:

shadow a primary care doctor for 50 hours
do some research at my state school
do some non-clinical volunteering at a local food back (since my other non-clinical was strictly online)?

Please give me feedback!!!! Thank you. <3

Members don't see this ad.

Your plan sounds good. You already have plenty of clinical experience. Research is the last box to check more or less. And do well on the MCAT.

Reactions: 1 user