Medical How can you do clinical fellowship if you didn't do residency in US?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goro

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, guys.
I have questions about clinical fellowships for people who don't take residency in Us. I know that it is hard to be accepted in a clinical fellowship
But I have heard that there are several steps that you must pass to apply for clinical fellowships
Including USMLE exams. I wonder if someone could pass usmle steps, what other requirements he/she needs to be qualified for clinical fellowships?
Also, what are the requirements that he /she must prepare to work in us after clinical fellowships?
Best to ask in the General residency forum

Members don't see this ad.

The only instance I've heard to someone doing clinical fellowship in the United States are people who plan to do reverse training, namely I saw pediatric ID and endocrine fellows do their fellowship training with plans to do residency at the same institution. These were rare cases. I'm not sure exactly what the requirements are, but I'm certain that at the very least, you must complete the requirements to begin a residency in the US.

Again, the general forums are probably a bit more helpful given that this is sort of beyond our scope and you have not put any personal identifiable information in your post.

Status
Not open for further replies.