HOW DIFFERENT?? NBDE Part II 2001 and 2004

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NDS

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How different is 2001 from 2004? Can I just study from 2001?

Members don't see this ad.

NDS said:
I wouldn't even hardly study at all. Decks are minimal help. Take maybe a week and read through the decks rather quickly, and you'll probably be as ready as you're ever gonna be... :luck:

NDS said:

I studied from the 2001 and my buddy studied from the 2004. They are pretty much the same. Dental concepts haven't changed within the span of three years.

Just go over it once. Don't dwell on any section. Its not going to help you on the exam. You'll be able to answer questions from your own experiences in clinic.

but make sure you know the behavorial science section really well. There's alot of questions on the NDBE that will make steam come out of your ears.

paceman said:
I studied from the 2001 and my buddy studied from the 2004. They are pretty much the same. Dental concepts haven't changed within the span of three years.

Just go over it once. Don't dwell on any section. Its not going to help you on the exam. You'll be able to answer questions from your own experiences in clinic.

but make sure you know the behavorial science section really well. There's alot of questions on the NDBE that will make steam come out of your ears.

did u guys take the computerized one?
i dont know how to approach on preparing for this part2.
i have tons of old questions but do they show up a lot?
so they dont ask much specific facts from dental decks???

Members don't see this ad :)
does anyone have a score conversion chart for any of the old exams? I want to see how many we can get wrong on each section to still pass :)

TiggerJSA said:
I wouldn't even hardly study at all. Decks are minimal help. Take maybe a week and read through the decks rather quickly, and you'll probably be as ready as you're ever gonna be... :luck:

I'm trying to review the Part II decks right now..... Do you think that it helps at all to review the decks? From your experience, what do you think is the best way to review for this exam? (old tests?... and hope for repeats?)

Thanks for any advice :oops:

hi
i was wondering wat material might be enough to score in NDBE part 2?
can someone plz help??
thanks

NDS said:
hi,
they are 75% the same but they added something and made much easier to understand.I do have the new dental deks on a cd.I am selling them.let me know if you want them.

Hi everyone,

I am preparing for the part 2 in dec. I would appreciate if anyone wants to sell the unreleased exams to me. I heard the part 2 is really tough since the quality of radiographs is bad. You can reach me at
[email protected]. Thanks!

bluesky02118y