How do I tackle MCAT passage-based questions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xoxo111

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My MCAT is in about a month & I am not doing well in the passage-based questions. It's not about the content anymore, since I believe I am good at it; because I can answer the independent questions very well, but I can't seem to do well on the questions which infers to the passage, or the figures in it (except sometimes I can when the questions are direct). Could anyone please give me any advice on how to approach these questions, or how to approach the passages? I could really use some tips.

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone,

My MCAT is in about a month & I am not doing well in the passage-based questions. It's not about the content anymore, since I believe I am good at it; because I can answer the independent questions very well, but I can't seem to do well on the questions which infers to the passage, or the figures in it (except sometimes I can when the questions are direct). Could anyone please give me any advice on how to approach these questions, or how to approach the passages? I could really use some tips.

Thanks in advance.
LSAT study books

Make sure you are going back through your old practice tests and going through every single question, especially passage or graph based ones. Read the explained solutions and make sure you understand them.

I typically skim the passage just to get an idea of what it's about, then go to the questions, see which section of the passage it refers to, and then go back to the passage and look for the answer. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user