How do MCAT scores appear on ThX?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

koalabear

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi y'all- just wondering how the MCAT scores appear on ThX- i.e. format. Just want to be prepared. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

koalabear said:
Hi y'all- just wondering how the MCAT scores appear on ThX- i.e. format. Just want to be prepared. Thanks.

lol, this is a good questions because at first glance a few years ago, I got really freaked out! Anyways, when I checked, it gave me my form number (which mine was 25....which i first thought was my overall score. turned out i did much better than that, whew)....then they will break it up into PS, V, BS, and then the total score + your letter grade for the essays.

Anyways, for you april test takers, when do you expect the results?

felipe5 said:
lol, this is a good questions because at first glance a few years ago, I got really freaked out! Anyways, when I checked, it gave me my form number (which mine was 25....which i first thought was my overall score. turned out i did much better than that, whew)....then they will break it up into PS, V, BS, and then the total score + your letter grade for the essays.

Anyways, for you april test takers, when do you expect the results?

Should be posted June 15..Also, be prepared because once you enter your user name and password and hit enter, the scores are right in front of you - That kind of freaked me out last time.

koalabear said:

It'll look just like this but with your identifying info:

thx.bmp

Members don't see this ad :)
ooh, my heart just did a little flip-flop when i saw that....
i think i'm going to collapse when i see that screen pop up, whether it's good or bad ;)

wetlightning said:
i think i'm going to collapse when i see that screen pop up, whether it's good or bad ;)

Me too!

I will really collapse if I get those scores. Good job Arsenic!

Thanks Arsenic810- that was really helpful. Great job!!!! Did you take it twice? I hope I do as well as you-you are a star!

liger said:
Thanks Arsenic810- that was really helpful. Great job!!!! Did you take it twice? I hope I do as well as you-you are a star!

:oops: I was just lucky enough to have it all come together for me the second time. The first time I took the test I had just finished the pre-reqs and went into the MCAT armed with only those, my score came out to a 26. The second time was a year later, after I had taken biochem, physiology, etc... I think the extra courses helped with my confidence and that changed how I approached the test, I just went into it a lot more relaxed the second time which is why I think my score got such a pop.

The moral of the story is that there really is such a thing as test anxiety and if medicine really is what you want to do, dont give up on it even if your score doesn't turn out to be what you were hoping for when you pull it up in a couple of weeks. :thumbup:

Arsenic810 said:
:oops: I was just lucky enough to have it all come together for me the second time. The first time I took the test I had just finished the pre-reqs and went into the MCAT armed with only those, my score came out to a 26. The second time was a year later, after I had taken biochem, physiology, etc... I think the extra courses helped with my confidence and that changed how I approached the test, I just went into it a lot more relaxed the second time which is why I think my score got such a pop.

The moral of the story is that there really is such a thing as test anxiety and if medicine really is what you want to do, dont give up on it even if your score doesn't turn out to be what you were hoping for when you pull it up in a couple of weeks. :thumbup:

Ok, the question I have is how the hell did you raise your VR by 4 points? :)

Arsenic810 said:
bumped for venez

thanks for the screen shot, definately reduces some anxiety of what to expect and how it'll look.

YIKES! or does it add to the anxiety....

now the question is do we do the piece of paper and move left to right to reduce the "band aid" or cold water syndrome.

:) BEST of luck to all.

wetlightning said:

ahhh... ditto...
i'm gonna be so scared to look. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
So Arsenic810's series was a 26 - so our should be a 29 for April 2005.

So now I know not to flip when I see that - even though I would love that score lol!!! :laugh: :laugh:

This is going to be such an adrenaline rush! :scared:

thanks arsenic. i'm gonna have a little brown bag next to me just in case.... ;)

shoal said:
now the question is do we do the piece of paper and move left to right to reduce the "band aid" or cold water syndrome.

:) BEST of luck to all.

Nah. I'm definitely putting paper up to the screen, but I think I'll move it right-to-left instead. I don't think I could handle taking the whole page in at once, but slowly going from left-to-right would probably kill me too.

Bad idea?

Click on submit then run outta the room, grab my roommate (she's an MD/PhD student at UNC) tell her to look and see if its safe to enter the room and check my scores with brown bag and bottle of tequila in hand! :D

fozziewan said:
Click on submit then run outta the room, grab my roommate (she's an MD/PhD student at UNC) tell her to look and see if its safe to enter the room and check my scores with brown bag and bottle of tequila in hand! :D

That sounds perfect ;) :thumbup:

Can someone verify that this is what the Thx login screen looks like? The difference from what arsenic posted is that the AAMC ID, DOB and SSN are missing. Anyone else missing the same info? I'm worried that when I registered with Thx it simply recorded my name without associating my AAMC record with my MCAT registration information, so when scores come out tomorrow evening (probably) I will be left without scores! :(

Someone else login and verify that there is only the info posted below and nothing else (no AAMC ID, SSN or DOB). Thanks.

]
ThxSample.jpg

Mine only has my name on it. No AAMC ID, DOB and SSN.

wetlightning said:
Me too! I've been so stress free since the MCAT, but once they announced that the scores were pending, I've been pretty anxious!

Much like taking the test, I'm so ready to get the waiting/anxiety over with, I'll just be happy to see my score and more on...

Good luck everyone! :luck:

I'm glad to know we'll se a 29 on the left and the actual score on the right!

fozziewan said:
Click on submit then run outta the room

HAHAHA, just that part got me howling. That part I can definitely imagine....
*enters login*
*enters password*
*clicks submit*
AAAAAH OMG MCAT *runs out of room screaming for dear life*

...SDN has made me love being a pre-med :love:

SailCrazy said:
Me too! I've been so stress free since the MCAT, but once they announced that the scores were pending, I've been pretty anxious!

Much like taking the test, I'm so ready to get the waiting/anxiety over with, I'll just be happy to see my score and more on...

Good luck everyone! :luck:

I'm glad to know we'll se a 29 on the left and the actual score on the right!

I feel exactly the same way. MCAT scores were way in the back of my mind until the official release date was posted. Now it's all I can think about!

It definitely does not help that I have my med-school interview on Thursday morning. Should I look at my scores before going, or after? ADCOMS probably know the release date right? I'd hate for my interviewer to ask me what my scores were and for me to sit there and say "Uh, I was too afraid to look." :confused: :scared:

Tony326 said:
It definitely does not help that I have my med-school interview on Thursday morning. Should I look at my scores before going, or after? ADCOMS probably know the release date right? I'd hate for my interviewer to ask me what my scores were and for me to sit there and say "Uh, I was too afraid to look." :confused: :scared:
How is it that you have an interview before you have MCAT scores?!?

junebuguf said:
Can someone verify that this is what the Thx login screen looks like? The difference from what arsenic posted is that the AAMC ID, DOB and SSN are missing. Anyone else missing the same info? I'm worried that when I registered with Thx it simply recorded my name without associating my AAMC record with my MCAT registration information, so when scores come out tomorrow evening (probably) I will be left without scores! :(

Someone else login and verify that there is only the info posted below and nothing else (no AAMC ID, SSN or DOB). Thanks.
Mine currently looks like that example (it has my name, but no other info.)

gujuDoc said:
If that school is in the states, that is a nice try but probably not true.

Why do I say this?? Schools don't even look at your primary apps until July. Then they give secondaries, and then they allow for interviews.

Also interviewing season for the class of 2009 is officially over.

However, I think this person may not be talking about a med school interview, but rather a job interview for the summer. So, we have nothing to worry about.

Sail Crazy, I'm sure you are going to be one of the people in euphoria tonight or tomorrow if your scores were as good as you were mentioning in your diags.

Good luck.

Good luck to everyone else as well.

My interview is for NYU SOM. I do understand how you could be confused though. The School of Medicine only allows students from NYU undergrad to apply for the Early Decision process so the information is not open to everyone.

My application is for the 2006 school year. The reason I'm interviewing so early is that since NYU doesn't use the AMCAS app for the Early Decision (even though they switched over to it for regular application) I will find out whether or not I've been accepted around July 15th, which is only a month away!

Sorry for the confusion, I probably should have clarified this earlier so as not to worry anybody!