How do u know if it's for you?

JustD0it

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 25, 2003
    I tried to see if this had been covered but I didn't find any other thread. Soooooo....

How do you know if dentistry is for you?

How do u know if you will like the material you read? or if you will be able to endure bending over patients all day?

What is the best way to find out if it is for you?

Thanx :hardy:

The Musketeer

Guardian of Justice
    10+ Year Member
    15+ Year Member
    Jan 24, 2004
    Cleveland (ON, Can)
    1. Dentist
      What is the best way to find out if it is for you?

The best way to know is to shadow or even assist with a dentist for a period of time. The experience that you will gain is amazing because it put you in a direct perspective in the life of a dentist. You will be able to observe the ups and downs in dentistry and be able to see how the dentist handles different types of situation. You can also discuss any issues and concerns about dentistry with the dentist. I believe this experience will enable you to get a good idea whether dentistry is for you.

About the Ads

3rdMolarRoller

User Account Deleted
      7+ Year Member
      15+ Year Member
      Feb 28, 2003
        What is the first thing that you notice on a person? Ok think really hard if someone you never knew walked up to you and said "Hi". If you answered teeth, then dentistry is for you!

Ok, so that is maybe not a sure way to tell but it is a step in that direction. Pick up your yellow pages and shadow atleast 3 dentists. They all work different and I would say get atleast 10-15 hours exposure at each one. Go in on a fri for 3 hours or what ever time permits.

Best of luck to you!

About the Ads
        This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.