How do you calculate your DAT score?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ramin123

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have read that the ADA has made mistakes in the past with calculating DAT scores--- does anyone know how the AA ans TS is calculated?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,

I have read that the ADA has made mistakes in the past with calculating DAT scores--- does anyone know how the AA ans TS is calculated?

Thanks

it is what it is son, it is what it is.

Academic average is the average of QR, RC, bio, chem, and org chem.
TS is based on 100 questions in bio, chem, Org chem.
I heard ADA made a mistake in the averaging process for some applicants, but I think schools also consider individual scores with more emphasis on sections like Bio and reading with more emphasis. So you shouldn't worry about it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think schools also consider individual scores with more emphasis on sections like Bio and reading with more emphasis. So you shouldn't worry about it.

I dont think that schools consider bio or reading any more than the next section. If this were the case I dont think I would have received some of the interviews that I did cuz I really f----d those sections up.

I dont think that schools consider bio or reading any more than the next section. If this were the case I dont think I would have received some of the interviews that I did cuz I really f----d those sections up.

a 19 in bio that isn't that bad, but the reading comp yeah you **** the bed on that one....I'm sure your QR section mitigated it a bit since it shows good reasoning ability, + at the end of the day a 22 is a 22.

At most of my interviews I was getting praised for a 30 in orgo when I thought a 29 in bio was more impressive since I havn't seen people get that kind of score in biology often and I've seen a few people post 30's in orgo. Admissions vary I guess I don't think there is a real solid rhyme or reason.

a 19 in bio that isn't that bad, but the reading comp yeah you **** the bed on that one....I'm sure your QR section mitigated it a bit since it shows good reasoning ability, + at the end of the day a 22 is a 22.

At most of my interviews I was getting praised for a 30 in orgo when I thought a 29 in bio was more impressive since I havn't seen people get that kind of score in biology often and I've seen a few people post 30's in orgo. Admissions vary I guess I don't think there is a real solid rhyme or reason.

I knew going in that Bio was going to be a crapshoot, because i sorta BS'd my way through bio 1 ans i didnt remember anything. I taught the entire thing to myself from scratch and then just hoped to get an easy bio section. I was hoping for a 20 but i really cant complain about the 19 it is what i deserved. The RC really bothers me because I can read lol but I got pinoed and got frustrated and just lost my cool on that stupid section. Oh well. I guess schools consider all secions and dont weigh oe section more than the next.

haha,
bio is a dumb section that doesn't really test how good a test taker is. it's pure memorization. i spent more time studying for bio than prolly for the other sections, but only got an 18. i am a biochemistry major but i never studied ecology, animal behavior, evolution, and the other bio sections. maybe if i was bio major or had taken AP bio in high school, that section would have been cake.