How do you compare MPH IN UMDNJ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dent_MPH

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hai,
How do you compare the MPH program in University of Medicine and Dentistry New Jersy-school of public Health? I would like to know how good the program is in this school. I also want to know the difference or the advantages of doing MPH in a dental school compared to the regular public health schools like John Hopkins?

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Can somebody help me please!!!!!

I did a little bit of information-gathering when I was figuring out where to apply, but don't know much. Here are a couple of notable things I can tell you about UMDNJ:

- The public health program at UMDNJ is *not* part of its dental school. It is in a separate School of Public Health within the university, and the program is also sponsored by Rutgers University, NJ Insitute of Technology, and the Public Health Research Institute.

- In their brochures, they emphasize that the program is geared towards working professionals, so many of the classes are in the late afternoon or evenings. This may be something to consider as well.

- They have different public health tracks on different campuses within the state of New Jersey, so you should figure out what track(s) interest you and apply to the appropriate campus(es).

Hope this helps a little.