how do you guys know your gpa if pharmcas hasnt even given it to you yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

impatientcollegestudent

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I see most people here say they are going to apply, yet they announce their gpa (stats) before even getting it through pharmcas. I hope you guys realize pharmcas gpa ends up being a lot lower or a bit lower usually for applicants...

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think this is true. My science GPA was higher through pharmcas and my cGPA was the exact same.

I don't think this is true. My science GPA was higher through pharmcas and my cGPA was the exact same.

I think he means for those who retake courses( which are a lot of students here) end up having a lower gpa, because Pharmcas calculates Fs.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
I can't speak for others, but to get an estimate I hand calculated it based on pharmcas rules like A/A+ = 4, A- = 3.7 and B+ = 3.3 etc., failed courses included, repeated courses not replacing the original grade etc. All the information regarding how Pharmcas calculates GPA is stated on their website. If you're familiar with the rules and know how to calculate GPA by hand it's pretty easy.

Reactions: 1 user