How do you improve from week to week?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

joe7456

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dear MCAT conquerors;

What habit did you develop that helped you think more critical and tailor the new MCAT?

I have been scoring in the consistent 50-60% on nearly all my passages. I scored 500 on NS 2. 501 on NS 3. 497 NS 5. I feel discouraged and think I may just be reinforcing repetitive habits.

Any strategies that helped you improve your scores please share, thanks so much guys.

Members don't see this ad.

I guess it depends on how far you are into studying. At first, content review is pretty important. Once you have completed this... practice. The more practice questions the better - it doesn't matter what test prep company, if you can get your hands on it... practice. I think I saw the most improvement with review of my practice passages. Really question yourself - why did I get this wrong? how can I avoid getting this wrong in the future? This was extremely helpful. I kept a log of every mistake I made during my practice and reviewed it once a week. This has worked for every subject except for CARS - which I continue to struggle with lol.

-Also - review the MCAT 509+ strategies thread - very informative.

Good luck.