How do you know if your interview went well?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Purple Monkey

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've interviewed at 3 places and they were laid back. How do you know if it went well? One told me I gave great answers but maybe they all say that.

Members don't see this ad.

if you did bad they will reject you dec 1st, if you did good they might take u dec 1st

Reactions: 6 users
I would imagine that acceptances goes beyond just a good interview. If all of them were laid-back then I wouldn't worry too much about it.

why-worry.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I feel like mine both went very well, but I'm not stressing out. If it was meant to be, I'll get some great news in a few weeks.

I feel like mine both went very well, but I'm not stressing out. If it was meant to be, I'll get some great news in a few weeks.

that's overly positive lol

I've interviewed at 3 places and they were laid back. How do you know if it went well? One told me I gave great answers but maybe they all say that.

some people who thought they interviewed well didn't get in, some thought they bombed it and still got in, which probably signifies that there are many other factors that they count other than interview, but I still think interview is important in sealing the deal. If you don't think you bombed it and your stats are competitive, you shouldn't worry about it.

Out of 3 interviews, you will probably get 1 at least.

Reactions: 1 user
Overly? Haha... I'm a generally positive person. There is no reason to stress out. My interviews weren't perfect, but I think I did well, was comfortable, not arrogant, and had great conversations with my interviewers.

Overly? Haha... I'm a generally positive person. There is no reason to stress out. My interviews weren't perfect, but I think I did well, was comfortable, not arrogant, and had great conversations with my interviewers.

Are you a traditional 20-22 year old applicant?

some people who thought they interviewed well didn't get in, some thought they bombed it and still got in, which probably signifies that there are many other factors that they count other than interview, but I still think interview is important in sealing the deal. If you don't think you bombed it and your stats are competitive, you shouldn't worry about it.

Out of 3 interviews, you will probably get 1 at least.
**** I only got 3 and watch me get the one I liked least..

if you did bad they will reject you dec 1st, if you did good they might take u dec 1st
Actually, speaking from my interview experience last year, you might not hear back from schools at all by December 1st, even if you interviewed with them before that. Sometimes, it may take longer for them to give you an answer, be it an acceptance, rejection, or waitlist.

Actually, speaking from my interview experience last year, you might not hear back from schools at all by December 1st, even if you interviewed with them before that. Sometimes, it may take longer for them to give you an answer, be it an acceptance, rejection, or waitlist.

that has to be true because not all schools mail out enough offers to fill all of their seats on dec.2nd.
On the contrary though, UDM supposedly sends out more than enough offers to fill their seats by dec 2nd (I heard 300 offers for 144 seats, so they expect a lot of people to decline), and according to Dr. Jeffers, about half of their seats will be taken and they will go down the list of people who didn't get offers and eventually offer them seats.

I think majority of schools are not like UDM, they select about 50% pre-dec and other 50% post-dec, so what you said is valid for most schools.