How does Medical School view clinical research?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GI Joe

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
How do Medical Schools view Clinical research? Does it look just as good as lab research? I am currently a Research Assistant at a Neurosurgery and interview patients and assess their pain and see how they have been progressing since they have had the surgery.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it held in the same pedestal as lab research?

Is it held in the same pedestal as lab research?
ANY research is good, as long as you're learning something about the scientific method. But some SDNers think that because it's clinical, that it has more value. it doesn't.

BTW, if you go and study clams in Fiji, just fine too.

Reactions: 2 users
Have you been productive in this research? That is, have you been on any abstracts, posters, publications? Clinical vs. bench research doesn't really matter for medical school (if anything, doctors you talk to will be able to understand your research more and it'll be more translatable once you get into medical school) but clinical research generally has a faster rate of publication, which is good.

Have you been productive in this research? That is, have you been on any abstracts, posters, publications? Clinical vs. bench research doesn't really matter for medical school (if anything, doctors you talk to will be able to understand your research more and it'll be more translatable once you get into medical school) but clinical research generally has a faster rate of publication, which is good.
I am trying to be the most productive assistant out of my coworkers so that I can be rewarded a project to do with one of the coordinators so that my name can be on of the journals that they publish. Wish a brother luck