How does transferring from a 4 yr university affect Dental application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

lilaclilly22

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone,

I am a junior pre-dental student hoping to apply/attend Dental School in the near future. I transferred from a smaller D1 university this year with a 3.9 GPA. I transferred to a huge university that is very well-known, but I am struggling with the rigor of the courses, and my GPA is only a 3.3.

I have never been clear on whether or not my previous college GPA counts toward my future Dental School application. I have only found information on how Dental Schools view community college courses, but I don't haven't seen what happens with previous 4 year institution courses.