How does UFAP schedule work?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

awared2

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm very new to the idea of step 1 studying. My school schedules us to take boards at the end of February after 6 weeks of studying.

I've seen UFAP thrown around a lot and many people praising it, but for the life of me I can't find any kind of suggested schedule (I guess similar to the SN2 MCAT schedule) for getting through the material. Do you just make up your own schedule? How do you know how long different sections will take in order to make a doable daily schedule?

Any help would be appreciated even if it's just linking to another thread. Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

It's quite simple really. Once you're really fed up with studying, you buy some vaseline, you get comfortable, and then UFAP.

Repeat as needed.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
It's quite simple really. Once you're really fed up with studying, you buy some vaseline, you get comfortable, and then UFAP.

Repeat as needed.
You forgot the part where you resume studying afterward. :joyful:

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
For me, I would just keep switching between all 3 UFAP resources to break the monotony. No schedule, 2 days of UW, a week of FA, and then maybe a day for pathoma. Do what works best for you.

I studied for 6 weeks. Did UW and FA every study day (5-6 days each week) and threw in Pathoma whenever I had time. My schedule was such that UW was finished ~1 week before my exam and 3 passes of FA were completed 2 days before my exam. Also got through Pathoma x1. Day-to-day scheduling is just simple math when it comes to UW.. However many questions there are divided by how many days you plan to use to finish.