How does VMCAS look at GPA with two bachelor degrees?

Started by nicheffel
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

nicheffel

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’m a non-traditional student about to finish my second bachelors degree. I was wondering how VMCAS calculates overall GPA with two degrees. My first is a BFA in the dance and my second will be Biology/premed. I understand science is all my science courses and last 45 will be the end of my course work but I’m very confused on overall with so many unrelated courses taken, but also contribute to my higher education. Also aware the each school will calculate their own GPAs as well.

Thanks!
 
I was a non-traditional with a ton of post-bacc coursework. VMCAS used all of my higher education courses to calculate cumulative GPA. However, not all schools will use that GPA. Some will, but others will calculate their own GPAs or don’t use cumulative at all. So I don’t think it really matters what VMCAS does, you’re better off looking into what specific GPAs your top schools use.