How hard is it to become a sales rep for Pfizer or Merck?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Say if I don’t get into a medical/DO school, and I’d like to work as a sales rep for a big pharm company; how difficult would it be for me to get my foot in the door as a sales rep or account executive?

Members don't see this ad.

A lot of times its based on who you know, but its not impossible even if you don't know anyone in the industry. I've never worked for a pharm company, but I have worked other professional selling jobs. If you are into sales, thats what you need to do, sell yourself, make sure the company knows who you are, induced yourself to someone within the company. Companies that hires sales reps usually have recruiters at job fairs all the time, thats a good place to start. All I would is make sure you are a people person and know how difficult sales can be, but if you are good at it / enjoy it you can make a ton of money

Doing some google research on this or speaking with a job recruiter will be more helpful.

Members don't see this ad :)
You should have been going to conferences.

It helps if you're really, really good looking.

Reactions: 1 users