How hard is it to get into Bryn Mawr?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

busupshot83

S.D.N. Vet
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How hard is it to get into Bryn Mawr? I'd appreciate it if any alumni of the Bryn Mawr pre-med post bac shared the stats they had that got them accepted. Thanks. 😀
 
I think that for Bryn Mawr and Goucher's postbac programs, the statistics are something like 3.5 GPA and 1350 SATs. I got accepted to both programs a month or two ago with slightly higher, but I'm sure that people get in with lower, too. Good luck!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Originally posted by busupshot83
How hard is it to get into Bryn Mawr? I'd appreciate it if any alumni of the Bryn Mawr pre-med post bac shared the stats they had that got them accepted. Thanks. 😀

It's tough to say how hard it is. BMC will not take you unless they are very certain you will get into med school. I did the program in 1999. My college GPA was 3.83 (top 3% of my class), and my SATs were 1320, I also has LSATs in the 99+ percentile.

Good luck -- the program is awesome.

Ed
 
I did not get accepted to Bryn Mawr with GPA 3.1 and 1230 SAT. I ended up going to UPenn's program, however, and am currently a 3rd year medical student at temple, so it all worked out fine in the end 🙂
 
Originally posted by kcrd
I did not get accepted to Bryn Mawr with GPA 3.1 and 1230 SAT. I ended up going to UPenn's program, however, and am currently a 3rd year medical student at temple, so it all worked out fine in the end 🙂

kcrd, did you have a lot of shadowing/volunteering when UPenn accepted you? I'd like to apply for this fall, but I'm just now starting to have a few brief shadowing experiences and am waiting to hear back on a summer pre-med volunteering program at a hospital. I'm wondering whether these programs are going to accept me if they don't think I've proven that I'm serious about medicine yet. (UPenn's website says that most of their applicants have at least a year of volunteering experience.)