How is 2yr MD experience classified in Competent Pathway?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

LeoMartinipo

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am studying pitman's answer in the thread US MD in Australia? I am thinking to do some GP training in Sweden/Norway/Finland/Latvia/Estonia/... for 1-2 years. The GP specialisation is 6 years in Finland, 3-4 years in Latvia, ... so the requirements differ between countries. In Norway/Sweden/Finland, they have 16 month/16 month/9 month, GP work in health center respectively, before they can start to work in the specialisation. This time is counted in for specialisation there. Can you use this time as an experience for the competent pathway?

I am interested in the competent pathway because
- I can get the Permanent Residency faster in Australia
- My work is not limited then to one department