How is USMLERx structured?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mellow Monster

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can you choose to do blocks of questions that correspond to the sections in FA? For example, if I wanted to do a bunch of immunology questions after having read through FA immunology once, would that be possible?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Yes you can. But, I noticed that their categorization leaves a lot to be desired. For example, early on I was getting frustrated by all the pharm questions I was getting and tried to do a couple blocks without pharm questions so I could work on what I had actually studied to that point. Only problem was that a lot the questions still hinged on a pharm detail for the answers.

Can you choose to do blocks of questions that correspond to the sections in FA? For example, if I wanted to do a bunch of immunology questions after having read through FA immunology once, would that be possible?

Thanks.

The categorization of the questions is not perfectly aligned with FA, but it's pretty close. I had studied the behavioral science section from FA, and wanted to take questions pertaining to it. So I took a Rx question block with only behavioral science, and had a bunch of psychiatry mixed in. I hadn't studied defense mechanisms or personality disorders or psychopharm, and missed most of those questions. I understand that psych and behavioral science are closely related, but it would be nice if the sections on the website corresponded with the sections in first aid, so you know what you're being tested on.

Most of the other sections match up pretty well. However, it's important to understand that most questions are multidisciplinary. Many questions draw from information from multiple systems, or basic science disciplines. That is a big source of frustration early on in studying, but it gets better.

Members don't see this ad :)
fair enough. I plan on using this qbank to figure out what I need to annotate into FA, so while missing questions will still probably make me sad, it should be helpful.

My experience with Rx was pretty ridiculous. I ended up doing the whole bank before pharm started, so I would always uncheck pharm. One of the first blocks I did there was 37 pharm questions on that block.

I mean, it's not like the question was pharm related, by their own metric they were pharm questions. I really hate Rx and the whole first aid empire. So much.

Anyway in my opinion annotating Rx is a giant waste of time. Just read the chapter and do the questions.