How late does the interview cycle go until/when are rejections?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sheemu

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Apologies if this was answered elsewhere, I'm new on the forums.

I applied to LECOM Erie and Bradenton, PCOM Georgia and Philly, all in end of August, and my secondaries were all marked as received in mid October. From then on, it's been dead silence, until I got a rejection letter in the mail from Bradenton a week ago. The online status still hasn't changed. Most of my friends applying to MD cycles have told me the interview invitations are pretty much done for this cycle, and I'm wondering how much later does the DO cycle go in comparison? How much hope should I hold out for, or should I start assuming I've been rejected by the other schools too? PCOM after all is a lot more selective than LECOM Bradenton no?

I have a 3.6 GPA and 34 MCAT so I don't think I want to retake anything if I just want to reapply to DO next year. Should I start looking for jobs for next year until I can reapply?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

With a 3.6/34 apply MD next cycle. Get a research position or more clinical experience in the mean time

Reactions: 1 user
Also, where are you from? Regional bias will affect interviews.

With those stats and not getting an interview from lecom is kinda confusing. Since its PBL they seem to be a big proponent of teamwork so make sure you don't come off as gods gift to the world

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm applying from McGill in Montreal Canada, if that has an impact, but I'm a green card holder and I put New York State as my home. I think the biggest weakness in my app is perhaps a lack of DO shadowing (I've only done some MD shadowing). I've done 2 years of research and worked in an Alzheimer's Clinic. I'm an exec for many clubs on campus so I don't think it was the teamwork aspect. I'll definitely apply ASAP next cycle, August was probably a bit late I imagine

Honestly if you have a green card you're golden especially is New York is your residence.
August isn't too late for any of those except PCOM. I would also expand your list next year. Your stats alone should grab a few acceptances for the schools hunting for high stats.

Add
MSUCOM (they are talking about wanting Canadians to expand DO into Canada)
Touro CA and NY (love high stats)
CCOM (love high stats)
AZCOM (put people on pre interview wait list if scored under a 29 last year)
RVU (love high stats)
UNECOM (they love interviewing Canadians/nor'easters. There were quite a few when I was interviewing there)

Then I would add some safeties
All the new schools

Apologies if this was answered elsewhere, I'm new on the forums.

I applied to LECOM Erie and Bradenton, PCOM Georgia and Philly, all in end of August, and my secondaries were all marked as received in mid October. From then on, it's been dead silence, until I got a rejection letter in the mail from Bradenton a week ago. The online status still hasn't changed. Most of my friends applying to MD cycles have told me the interview invitations are pretty much done for this cycle, and I'm wondering how much later does the DO cycle go in comparison? How much hope should I hold out for, or should I start assuming I've been rejected by the other schools too? PCOM after all is a lot more selective than LECOM Bradenton no?

I have a 3.6 GPA and 34 MCAT so I don't think I want to retake anything if I just want to reapply to DO next year. Should I start looking for jobs for next year until I can reapply?

Thanks.
I recently received an II and the dates I had to select from went up to the 22nd. There are still II being given.

Best advice would be to give it on more month. Then start doing what DO2015CA mentioned. Your stats are definitely good enough to be successful for a M.D. and D.O cycle.