How late is too late to take the DAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chemboy23

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I was initially going to take the DAT on July 22nd but soon found out that I needed more time to prepare. I rescheduled my test to August 10th and I basically have everything else done on my AADSAS app besides that section. My GPAs 3.3/3.3 are a little low, so I know it was really important for me to get these in really early to have a shot. My wife and I just got married, and I'm struggling to pay for all of this application stuff, it seems as if they make you pay to pay to pay. So, to date I have paid my initial $227 which includes my primary app to UNLV. Also, this weekend I plan to submit my payments in full to the following schools (including all secondary fees):

Midwestern
ASDOH
UNLV
Western
Loma Linda
Louisville

Already taken care of:
Mississippi (my home state)
Tennessee (memphis school)

So...how badly is the delayed DAT going to hurt my chances? I just didn't want to half-a** it and go up there to get an 18 or something, I feel like I need to hit 20/21+ to be competitive and make up for the GPA. Thanks so much in advance for your help! :D

Members don't see this ad.