1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

how late is too late?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by aparmatic, Jun 3, 2008.

1. aparmatic

7+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    hi guys,

i was just wondering what is considered "late" for applying to dental schools this cycle considering that after you e-submit your app it takes 4-8 weeks for it to be processed? also is you app considered complete even if you haven't taken the DAT?

Thank you!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. servitup

5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    i applied oct 21, 2003 and still got in everywhere i applied but i wouldn't recommend that

4. wigglytooth

wigglytooth Assistant Wiggle-ator
    Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Hey I'm moving this to the pre-dental thread.

Late is pretty much the end of the summer, although some people might tell you that July is pushing it. Worry about getting your PS done satisfactorily and see where you're at... you don't want to rush that too much. And yes, you're complete even though you haven't taken the DAT. You'll just have to put the date that you're planning on taking it and you're good to go.

5. jigabodo

Dentist 10+ Year Member

Dentist
    I would say submitting in August is late.

However, taking DAT in August isn't that late, imo. Simply because DAT score gets processed A LOT faster than your AADSAS application.

6. luckydocy

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    I applied in October last year and got interview invites from all the school I had applied to (except for Boston and Tuft!!!!). But to tell you the truth, it was too much stress! 'cause you see other people with lower stats getting interviews and you still have nothing!
    If you really can't apply in summer and your stats are good, then don't worry too much and be patient. You should also keep in mind that when you submit your AADSAS application, it will take about 4 weeks for GPA verification and about 2 weeks for the schools to receive the printed material.
    In general my suggestion is to apply as early as you can. even August is not that late.

good luck

7. doc toothache

10+ Year Member

Dentist
    How late is "late" is a function of the DAT scores.

8. toothiemonster

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    and your gpa