how long does it take to study for nbde part 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gega

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
:)hi i am a dentist from ethiopia.and i am planning to take nbde on oct 21. i have working 28 hrs a week so can u guys tell me if i study 3 times a week will i sucssed. now i am studing kaplan nbde part 1 book. my secound question my friend told me the Dental Decks are very helpfull so should i buy it? thank u !!!

Members don't see this ad.

:)hi i am a dentist from ethiopia.and i am planning to take nbde on oct 21. i have working 28 hrs a week so can u guys tell me if i study 3 times a week will i sucssed. now i am studing kaplan nbde part 1 book. my secound question my friend told me the Dental Decks are very helpfull so should i buy it? thank u !!!

a lot depends on you. some people retain a lot in a short time others take a little longer. so your the best judge of whether its enough time or not. the kaplan book is good and so is kaplan. i like decks bc its more to the point. kaplan seems to have been written for med students and repackaged for dentak students. but both work well. the reason i liked decks is bc once i had a card known well i set it aside and just kept going over the harder ones.

a lot depends on you. some people retain a lot in a short time others take a little longer. so your the best judge of whether its enough time or not. the kaplan book is good and so is kaplan. i like decks bc its more to the point. kaplan seems to have been written for med students and repackaged for dentak students. but both work well. the reason i liked decks is bc once i had a card known well i set it aside and just kept going over the harder ones.

i forgot to mention what ever u decided stick to one and finish it. dont go switching from one study book to another and never getting anything done. so if u go with kaplan stick to that and vice versa if u pick decks stick to that.

i forgot to mention what ever u decided stick to one and finish it. dont go switching from one study book to another and never getting anything done. so if u go with kaplan stick to that and vice versa if u pick decks stick to that.

i think this advice will really going to help me out ... i do the same ...jumping from one book to other .....so ended up with lots of effort n less output ...n that is why i m so slow :(

Members don't see this ad :)
:thumbup:i started a week back and its not going anywhere so i am planning to take in 2012 as this would be in pass fail and dont have to stress out.2 months is like we wont be knowing what is what.

:thumbup:i started a week back and its not going anywhere so i am planning to take in 2012 as this would be in pass fail and dont have to stress out.2 months is like we wont be knowing what is what.

pattern is changing with part 1 and 2 ,question type will be tough .thats y i m thinking this :( .....even though i will be taking part 2 in 2012 ...but still i m too confused

part1 and 2 combined only after 2015 untill then its going to be a separate exam.nothing is changing except they ask matching ,multiple answers,still the same syllabus.

part1 and 2 combined only after 2015 untill then its going to be a separate exam.nothing is changing except they ask matching ,multiple answers,still the same syllabus.

subjects are really really volatile.

Last edited: