MiesVanDerMom

D.o. or Die
10+ Year Member
Nov 16, 2004
With my husband, my kids, and the hellcat
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I sent in some secondaries late June and they're still not marked as being processed. The checks I sent in aren't cashed yet either. Is this normal or should I be concerned? What's the turn-around time on secondaries? And, if the school has EDP and you're not applying EDP, does that slow things down?

Punkn

at the Christie Rd tracks
10+ Year Member
Sep 21, 2005
Status
Attending Physician
OSU and Georgetown acknowledged my secondaries about 6 days after I mailed them (mailed 7/1, emails from them on 7/6). OSU has my money, but it was a pay online thing, and Georgetown said my fee was marked as paid but they haven't cashed the check yet. I mailed Creighton's the same day as the others and have not heard from them. *shrugs*

OP
M

MiesVanDerMom

D.o. or Die
10+ Year Member
Nov 16, 2004
Status
Resident [Any Field]
bumping my post. anyone who applied last year have secondaries take several weeks to be processed? I don't want to bug the adcoms if I'm worrying over nothing.... :confused:

the brown note

wading through sh!t
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 5, 2005
In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida
Status
Last year, most of my schools took ~4-5 weeks to mark my file as "complete" (Ohio State took ~5 weeks). I think the slowest school took ~7 weeks, but they lost my LORs once and they had to be re-sent. The quickest school took 1 day. Some places didn't cash my check for ~2+ months. I started following up with schools to make sure everything was in place ~1 month after everything was submitted. Hope this helps! :luck:

OP
M

MiesVanDerMom

D.o. or Die
10+ Year Member
Nov 16, 2004
Status
Resident [Any Field]
the brown note said:
Last year, most of my schools took ~4-5 weeks to mark my file as "complete" (Ohio State took ~5 weeks). I think the slowest school took ~7 weeks, but they lost my LORs once and they had to be re-sent. The quickest school took 1 day. Some places didn't cash my check for ~2+ months. I started following up with schools to make sure everything was in place ~1 month after everything was submitted. Hope this helps! :luck:

Thanks! I was worried because some schools cahsed my check and had me as complete really quickly (ironically, Ohio State) but then others are taking longer. I will calm the heck down now. :laugh:

OP
M

MiesVanDerMom

D.o. or Die
10+ Year Member
Nov 16, 2004
Status
Resident [Any Field]
sintheta said:
anyone received confirmation from yale yet? i sent them a check ages ago but they still haven't processed it.

Me too! They haven't cashed my check or processed me. I wonder if it's because they have Early Decision. I'm thinking they may not get around to me for a while. Or perhaps it's because they looked at my grades and just couldn't stop laughing long enough to process me :laugh: Hopefully in that case they forget to cash the check :)