How long should a secondary take to be processed?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MiesVanDerMom

D.o. or Die
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I sent in some secondaries late June and they're still not marked as being processed. The checks I sent in aren't cashed yet either. Is this normal or should I be concerned? What's the turn-around time on secondaries? And, if the school has EDP and you're not applying EDP, does that slow things down?

Members don't see this ad.

OSU and Georgetown acknowledged my secondaries about 6 days after I mailed them (mailed 7/1, emails from them on 7/6). OSU has my money, but it was a pay online thing, and Georgetown said my fee was marked as paid but they haven't cashed the check yet. I mailed Creighton's the same day as the others and have not heard from them. *shrugs*

bumping my post. anyone who applied last year have secondaries take several weeks to be processed? I don't want to bug the adcoms if I'm worrying over nothing.... :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
MiesVanDerMom said:
bumping my post. anyone who applied last year have secondaries take several weeks to be processed? I don't want to bug the adcoms if I'm worrying over nothing.... :confused:
This is normal. :)

MollyMalone said:
This is normal. :)

anyone received confirmation from yale yet? i sent them a check ages ago but they still haven't processed it.

Last year, most of my schools took ~4-5 weeks to mark my file as "complete" (Ohio State took ~5 weeks). I think the slowest school took ~7 weeks, but they lost my LORs once and they had to be re-sent. The quickest school took 1 day. Some places didn't cash my check for ~2+ months. I started following up with schools to make sure everything was in place ~1 month after everything was submitted. Hope this helps! :luck:

the brown note said:
Last year, most of my schools took ~4-5 weeks to mark my file as "complete" (Ohio State took ~5 weeks). I think the slowest school took ~7 weeks, but they lost my LORs once and they had to be re-sent. The quickest school took 1 day. Some places didn't cash my check for ~2+ months. I started following up with schools to make sure everything was in place ~1 month after everything was submitted. Hope this helps! :luck:

Thanks! I was worried because some schools cahsed my check and had me as complete really quickly (ironically, Ohio State) but then others are taking longer. I will calm the heck down now. :laugh:

sintheta said:
anyone received confirmation from yale yet? i sent them a check ages ago but they still haven't processed it.

Me too! They haven't cashed my check or processed me. I wonder if it's because they have Early Decision. I'm thinking they may not get around to me for a while. Or perhaps it's because they looked at my grades and just couldn't stop laughing long enough to process me :laugh: Hopefully in that case they forget to cash the check :)