1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

how long to look over one test?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by holycow, Jul 25, 2006.

1. holycow

holycow Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    question..how long does it normally take you guys to look over a test? and do you look over verbal? it's been taking me literally all day just to look over PS and BS. am i going too slow?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DrCurious

DrCurious Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I end up spending about an hour each on the science sections, but the verbal takes almost an hour and a half to go over.

4. estairella

estairella Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    It takes me about about 1.5 minutes a question. If you're doing all the questions, that would be over 5 hours... which is why I don't do all the questions. :laugh:

5. GuzzyRon

GuzzyRon Son of the Son of Man
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    A whole study day for me...about 6 - 8 hours. And yes, including most of verbal.

6. Dr.D-man

5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I spend a few hours reviewing things I got right and wrong. Usually, I will try and figure out the reasoning for incorrect answer before looking at the correct answer explanation. At times I will break out a textbook and look up a topic.

7. chaeymaey

chaeymaey 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    about 2 hrs. of course, this depends on how much i got wrong.

8. H and D

H and D Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    It take me a whole day to go over a test (between 4-6 hours). However I retype out the question and answer in to study sheets and add diagrams, illustrtationa and further explanation for each topic I miss. So I basically am doing a review of all the topics missed in addition to just going over my wrong answers. I spend very little time on verbal (10 min?) since I don't think going over wrong answers on verbal is beneficial.