1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

how long to look over one test?

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by holycow, Jul 25, 2006.

1. holycow

holycow Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    question..how long does it normally take you guys to look over a test? and do you look over verbal? it's been taking me literally all day just to look over PS and BS. am i going too slow?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DrCurious

DrCurious Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I end up spending about an hour each on the science sections, but the verbal takes almost an hour and a half to go over.

4. estairella

estairella Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    It takes me about about 1.5 minutes a question. If you're doing all the questions, that would be over 5 hours... which is why I don't do all the questions. :laugh:

5. GuzzyRon

GuzzyRon Son of the Son of Man
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    A whole study day for me...about 6 - 8 hours. And yes, including most of verbal.

6. Dr.D-man

5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    I spend a few hours reviewing things I got right and wrong. Usually, I will try and figure out the reasoning for incorrect answer before looking at the correct answer explanation. At times I will break out a textbook and look up a topic.

7. chaeymaey

chaeymaey 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    about 2 hrs. of course, this depends on how much i got wrong.

8. H and D

H and D Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    It take me a whole day to go over a test (between 4-6 hours). However I retype out the question and answer in to study sheets and add diagrams, illustrtationa and further explanation for each topic I miss. So I basically am doing a review of all the topics missed in addition to just going over my wrong answers. I spend very little time on verbal (10 min?) since I don't think going over wrong answers on verbal is beneficial.