How many and what schools have you heard NOTHING from, yet?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DukeBluDevl02

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have 9 schools left including three instate!! Out of 18 total applied??? What the hell?

Anyone else in the same boat, particularly Ohio schools, but not limited to and including Wake, GW, NY Med, Penn State, Michigan State, Wright State???

Discuss...

Members don't see this ad.

USUHS. Nothing. Nada. Not even a secondary request. Peace.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got a letter from them today (1/25) stating that I had been withdrawn from consideration as I didn't complete my secondary. Of course it wasn't completed as I never got the request. Another thing (straightening this out) to do Monday. Peace.

heard from michigan state in october when i got a secondary from them and now I have an interview with them later next month.....try emailing michigan state or calling them to see what's up with your file.

Members don't see this ad :)
also waiting on 9 schools...........sucks

nero

Hey All,
I haven't heard anything from 8 schools:
GWU, Cornell, Boston, Tufts, Upenn, Upitt, Northwestern, and WashU. I don't know whether to write these schools off as rejections or keep hoping? I finished most my apps in mid-october.

nothing from one school....tulane. i wouldn't even interview there at this point (as i'd rather stay in state) but why can't they just tell me something.

Originally posted by pAkhtmAn
Hey All,
I haven't heard anything from 8 schools:
GWU, Cornell, Boston, Tufts, Upenn, Upitt, Northwestern, and WashU. I don't know whether to write these schools off as rejections or keep hoping? I finished most my apps in mid-october.

GWU said they will keep inviting til aroudn end feb

cornell said invites til mid march

penn said invites til 1/31

wash u i think said invites until end jan/begin feb

tufts said tehy are a bit late, so be patient

if anybody is waiting on harvard, they told me today they are done inviting......

nero

Haven't heard from:

Harvard
Yale
Columbia
Cornell
NYU, but I just withdrew my app and requested a refund from them for filing my transcripts under a different name, and I am sure they detest me as much as I detest them....

DukeBluDevl02,

Have you tried calling Wake Forest? From other threads I have seen that they sent out rejections around the beginning of January...so there might be hope. If you call, they might tell you that you can schedule an interview then. It happened to me, and it can't hurt. They are interviewing until March. I interviewed yesterday (Jan 24), and a girl that was also interviewing said that they called her two days before, on wednesday, so definitely call and see what is going on? Good Luck!

Have heard nada from 8 schools(besides that my app is complete)

BU, Tufts, NYMC, AECOM, Mt. Sinai, Loyola, Rush, and UIC

...and the last three are in my state....

Still waiting on Pitt... I really hope I get an interview there. ALso complete in mid october (damn you late recommenders!!)

No news from Harvard, which means rejection... according to some here, they are done interviewing.

As of early January, no news from Einstein or Tufts, but I got tired of waiting and yanked my apps there.

good luck all!

cheers,
Tom

No word from (nor did I expect word from some of these) the following:
Harvard, Penn, Yale, Cornell, Baylor, NYU, Sinai, UVA, USC, Tufts, Wake Forest, Creighton

Schools ignoring my existence...
Cornell
Mt. Sinai
UCSF
UCLA
Jefferson, Tufts, Temple

Members don't see this ad :)
So, Harvard = rejection, huh? Okay...guess Harvard and I just aren't meant to be (I applied for undergrad and got rejected then too)

I also haven't heard from Wash U but I think I'm going to soon chalk that up as a rejection too...C'est la vie

Got everyone here beat...I'm waiting to hear from 20 schools still!!!! :eek:
Among them...
UCLA, UCI
Albert Einstein
Finch
Emory
Drexel
Loyola
NYMC
Mt.Sinai
U of Vermont
USC
Jefferson

No love from CA, NY and Pennsylvania!
Things do not look too bright for me. Couldn't all of these schools just send us a letter now if they're going to reject us anyway.
Anyone know which schools are known to interview late? (Heard Finch interviews up til May and Drexel til April.)

DukeBluDevil...I just interviewed at MCO this past week. FYI: they interview until April. Hope that helps.

I applied to 22. Still haven't heard from:

Baylor
BU
Temple
Tufts
Drexel
Vermont
(Harvard) = rejection

i still havent heard from: Vermont, Penn, Jefferson, GW, NYMC, Finch, and Temple.

the rejections have been coming in lately though, i got georgetown, BU, Pitt, and Dartmouth all in the past couple weeks.

and i got an interview invite from Drexel back in november, and my interview isnt till march 12, so i dont know if they are still giving interviews at this point

I haven't heard from Baylor either. I called them early last week, and they said my app was "under review." Do you recommend writing a letter to get their attention?

No response from Tufts, Harvard (equals rejection), JHU, Univ. of Washingtion, UMich, Cornell

hey sleepy - call drexel, i got an april interview bumped up to feb 13

and i havent gotten word from

Sinai
Einstein
Penn
On -infamous- hold with Penn State

On an interesting note - I got interviewed at Temple before they had sent me a secondary request - weird. Apparently some people with hotmail were not receiving them - so call if you haven't heard.

Got the official alumni rejection from Duke...:( Still waiting on those nine. SurfDevl02, have you had UCSF yet?

still nothing from:

BU
Harvard (=rejection)
Penn (=rejection?)
Jefferson
Temple
Columbia
NYU
UCSF

though after finally getting a bunch of rejections, i think that from now on, i won't complain about being ignored. i think i actually am beginning to prefer Harvard & Penn's more passive-aggressive approach: "we aren't rejecting you, we're just not inviting you. . ."

Nothing from:
Cornell, NYU, BU, Jefferson, Tulane. From Temple, I just recieved an e-mail confirming the completion of my application - note that I sent my secondary in August and my letters in September.

I just had an interview invite from Mt Sinai (the letter came last week, the date is late February), so, anyone holding out for them, do not give up hope! They're still calling!

-rebaj
-------
"I have the usual capacity for wanting
What may not even exist"
-Galway Kinnell
-------

I have not heard from Vermont, Yale, Drexel, the Ohio schools, NYMC, and several others. The waiting is killing me.

still waiting on several with some hope:
loyola, tufts, the uc's

lost hope for:
usc, ohsu :(, harvard, emory, yale

seems like there are definitley some common schools here.

We all seem to be waiting on:

GW
Loyola
NYU
Columbia
NYMC
Tufts

I would prefer that they don't rush and make decisions to hastily. I take the slowness as a positive sign that they are thouroughly reviewing my applciation as they state.

I'm still waiting to hear from:

Penn = rejection
GW
Temple

I'm glad to hear that another in-stater hasn't heard from Temple yet either - thought I was going crazy. If I don't hear from them soon tho' I think I will lose my mind!! :(

I just heard from Jefferson last week. They are still doing interviews, however, mine isn't until March.....

Vermont has already done some rejecting, so don't worry quite yet.

Hey!
Just got a rejection from Jefferson, still waiting to hear from:
finch
gwu
drexel (hold for re-review in spring) <--?????
meharry
nymc
penn state (hold=rejection)
temple
tufts
wright state

does anyone know what a pre-interview hold from drexel means? i feel like they'll have finished interviewing by spring, so why would they put me on hold until then and not reject me?

I haven't heard from:

Columbia
NYMC
NYU :(
AECOM (interviewed last year)
SUNY Stony Brook (waitlisted last year)

Don't care much about Columbia and NYMC, but I'm kinda puzzled about the last one. Oh yeah, except that AMCAS MESSED UP MY GPA! AND THEY WON'T FIX IT!!! +pissed+

Still waiting on....

Cornell
NYU
Sinai
Einstein
USC
Stanford
Harvard - Doh
UPenn - Doh
Hopkins
Yale
Emory

Standoc

Nothing from:

USC

What the hell is wrong with them? I'm still looking forward to declining their interview invitation;)

Waiting on:

OHSU
Stanford
USC
UCLA
UCLA/Drew
Baylor
Emory
Pitt
Temple
Penn (=rejection)
Einstein
Yale

Interviewed at Duke, Yale, Northwestern, Umich, UofPitt

Rejected from Cornell and J.Hopkins

Waiting from Columbia/Upenn

kreno

No word from:
Loyola
Northwestern
NYU

NO word pre interview from
Loyola
GW
Emory
Harvard
Yale
USC

No word post interview from
UCLA
UC Davis
Mayo
Cornell
Pitt
Howard
Wash U
Just got an interview invite from Morehouse after they claim they didn't have my LOR's....which I sent in August!!! +pissed+ My interview is on Valentine's day in case anyone will be there.

FYI about Tufts. A friend of mine last year heard from Tufts at the beginning of April for the end of April. Ended up getting in off the waitlist in July. There's still hope, I spose...good luck!

bumbity, bump, bump

Time to update the list.
I still havent heard from:

UIC
Finch
Howard
Tufts
Temple

(all are pre-interview)

No luck here :(

Haven't yet heard from:
Baylor
Mt. Sinai
Tufts
George Washington
Creighton

Haven't yet heard from, but the rejection is assuredly on the way:
Harvard
Yale
Penn

Silence remains from

Harvard
Yale
GW
Emory
USC
Drew (just told me my lor's were missing!!!!) +pissed+

I am still waiting on:

NYMC
Cincinnati
Yale
Temple
Miami
Vermont
UIC
the UC's
South Dakota
Medical College of Georgia
Colorado

and a few others...:(

I applied for 2002-2006 and am now a first year medical student. I still havent heard anything official from Howard since the date they requested a secondary and $40 check from me, and neither has my other friend. Do you think in 5 years when I have my MD, they will invite me for an interview? Maybe I should send them an update letter this summer.

Point of this post: do not apply to Howard.

No word yet from:

Stanford (no word since AMCAS)
These ones are post secondary:
Yale
UIC
Loyola
Baylor

I'm already in so I could care less about those schools. My biggest beef is with Stanford, just because they never even anything to acknowledge that I was alive post-AMCAS (not even a rejection email)!!

There is still time for me to write them a rejection letter, stating that there are so many qualified schools to choose from every year, but I can only choose one seat:rolleyes:

Originally posted by yaoming
I applied for 2002-2006 and am now a first year medical student. I still havent heard anything official from Howard since the date they requested a secondary and $40 check from me, and neither has my other friend. Do you think in 5 years when I have my MD, they will invite me for an interview? Maybe I should send them an update letter this summer.

Point of this post: do not apply to Howard.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'm sad. I've been stuck at the same number of rejection letters for a long time. I was so hoping to frame Stanford's and Wake Forest's, but maybe there's a paper crisis and all that money I sent them last year couldn't help them buy another ream of paper...

aight, here's my sad story:

haven't had an interview yet and am slowly losing hope. i'm already making alternate plans, but still have a couple schools left. i guess if i were to go to med school, these would be my best shots.

Tufts
NYMC
Finch
Loyola
Rush

i hear tufts is behind, but does anyone know what is up with the others?

No word, post-secondary, from Tufts and George Washington, and nothing pre-secondary from UCLA! It's been so many months! I'm thinking of withdrawing my application from these schools just out of resentment.

haven't heard post-2ndary:
gw
tufts
loyola
usc
loma linda
penn state
jefferson
uc's

I haven't heard back from

Creighton
NYMC
Drexel
Baylor
USC

:confused: all but 1 are unranked schools

I have heard from

UVa
SLU
Ohio State
Albert Einstein
MCW
Utah

:confused: 4 of the above are ranked schools
Do unranked schools hate me????????????:confused: :eek:

Sounds like a lot of people are still waiting on:
Temple
Tufts
NYMC...Like me

Also , yet to hear from SLU, Albany, Buffalo

Is there still hope, or should I just expect the rejection to come any day???!!!