How many experiences on AADSAS is too many?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tooththings

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Does anyone know how many experiences are too many to put on the AADSAS application?
Is it recommended to group all your general dentist shadowing hours together and list the doctors in the description, or to list them all as separate experiences?

I also have a question about listing leadership positions on AADSAS. Would that be considered a volunteer experience or extracurricular? I think it's extracurricular but I just wanted to confirm if anyone knows for sure! Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Can’t have too many pertinent experiences. List them all as separate experiences. Extracurricular.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi,
Does anyone know how many experiences are too many to put on the AADSAS application?
Is it recommended to group all your general dentist shadowing hours together and list the doctors in the description, or to list them all as separate experiences?

I also have a question about listing leadership positions on AADSAS. Would that be considered a volunteer experience or extracurricular? I think it's extracurricular but I just wanted to confirm if anyone knows for sure! Thanks

I would group them together.

Extracurricular

Please don't be the person that has 50 experiences each with 1 hour here, 2 hours there.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I would group them together.

Extracurricular

Please don't be the person that has 50 experiences each with 1 hour here, 2 hours there.
for sure, do you think it is okay to group together volunteer experiences that are from different organizations?

The reason I would list things separately is because aadsas wants you to include the details of the organization, the duration of your stay, and a summary/reflection for each. If you were to group a bunch of experiences into one, there wouldn’t be sufficient room to include everything with a good summary in the 450 (or something) character limit. I feel like adcoms want to get a better feel for you through your writing of the experiences, but I could be wrong. Maybe they’re good with a list of dentists, their contact info, the dates, and a short blanket statement.

Reactions: 1 user
The reason I would list things separately is because aadsas wants you to include the details of the organization, the duration of your stay, and a summary/reflection for each. If you were to group a bunch of experiences into one, there wouldn’t be sufficient room to include everything with a good summary in the 450 (or something) character limit. I feel like adcoms want to get a better feel for you through your writing of the experiences, but I could be wrong. Maybe they’re good with a list of dentists, their contact info, the dates, and a short blanket statement.
I think dental shadowing/experiences should be listed separately so you can explain them thoroughly. However, for non-dental volunteer experiences, I'm thinking they can be grouped together esp if it is 1-2 hours for each volunteer experience?