How many interviews will you have had by October 15th?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Votes: 24 18.8%

Votes: 24 18.8%

Votes: 28 21.9%

Votes: 13 10.2%

Votes: 18 14.1%

Votes: 9 7.0%

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • 8+

Votes: 9 7.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mc4435

15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Edit: I really should have put 0 as an option, it's very early in the season. I apologize for that. Does anyone know how to edit the poll?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
5 with one scheduled for 10/19

6, but only 1 MD, and I cancelled/withdrew from another.

The lack of a "zero" makes me really, really depressed.

Edit: I really should have put 0 as an option, it's very early in the season. I apologize for that. Does anyone know how to edit the poll?

I'm pretty sure you need to create a new poll and scrap this one.. But you should talk to a mod to be sure.

one MD, 4 DO.

8 before, 2 the week of 10/15. It's a blessing and (an expensive) curse.

Interestingly, at an interview at Tulane today I was asked how many interviews I've been to so far, and how many more I have. But they didn't ask where.
I've had interviewers ask both where else I've applied and interviewed. I don't mind giving out this information, but I really don't think they should ask. I'm kind of mixed on what it means too. For instance, I have 10 interviews scheduled right now, so is this good or bad? It's good because it shows I'm a competitive applicant and other schools think this as well. It's bad because the school I'm at is just 1 out of 10 and I therefore probably don't have particularly strong feelings for that one school. ::shrug::

I've had interviewers ask both where else I've applied and interviewed. I don't mind giving out this information, but I really don't think they should ask. I'm kind of mixed on what it means too. For instance, I have 10 interviews scheduled right now, so is this good or bad? It's good because it shows I'm a competitive applicant and other schools think this as well. It's bad because the school I'm at is just 1 out of 10 and I therefore probably don't have particularly strong feelings for that one school. ::shrug::

Exactly what I was thinking. I saw my interviewer jotting that info down, and actually asked him what the importance was of how many interviews I have (in not so many words). He basically said something to the effect that it shows how I'm doing in this process (i.e., successful - not that I think that should matter to any one school), and that I should have a really good feel for the distinction between different schools by now, that each have their own personality and individuality. I liked the second part of his answer more. :) Tulane is a real "fit" school.