How many people apply to DO schools...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I dont know what it is with Virginia and medical schools lately... UVa, VCU, EVMS, VCOM, VTC, LUCOM, and now Kings College and College of Henricopolis? I would be shocked if LCME green lighted these.

FWIW: 20,055 matriculants at MD and 6,449 matriculants at DO schools for Fall 2013.

20,432 MD matriculants projected Fall 2014, and 6,800 or so for DO.
I'm from Virginia, so I'm familiar with all of the current schools except for LUCOM. As I said, there's nothing in Martinsville other than a NASCAR track. Abingdon, where the other proposed school would be, is in Western Virginia. Again, not much there. I imagine the focus of both schools will be primary care. As they would both be in the sticks, at least they don't run the risk of running out of splinting material.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm from Virginia, so I'm familiar with all of the current schools except for LUCOM. As I said, there's nothing in Martinsville other than a NASCAR track. Abingdon, where the other proposed school would be, is in Western Virginia. Again, not much there. I imagine the focus of both schools will be primary care. As they would both be in the sticks, at least they don't run the risk of running out of splinting material.
Haha, agreed. I'm from VA as well, so I know exactly what you're talking about. As you said, they would pretty much have to strongly emphasize primary care.