how many programs should IMG aplly to through ERAS ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

memo.bsemo

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello pathologist ,
I am an IMG , YOG 2016 , step 1 score is 259 , passed CS from first attemp , awaiting step 2 CK score , I have no US clinical experience , and only home LORs , I am not a citizen . I have only 2 research experiences with no publications.

how many pathology programs should I apply to guarantee an enough number of interviews for matching , some people say 30 ? 50? 70 ? 100!!!

what kind of programs should I apply to ? do I have a chance in top 10 programs or it will be waste of money ?

I really need your advice since I can't find much data on pathology and experiences like internal medicine ,

thank you my future colleagues 😀
 
You have an excellent chance at getting a position at a good University program. 50 would be enough IMO. Good luck.