How many schools are you applying to?

Started by DeeDee
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DeeDee

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just want to get an idea of how many schools people are considering applying to in the States and elsewhere. With all the competition, I hardly believe that two or three schools would hardly do it for me!
 
apply to schools that you know you have a chance of getting into, a few schools that are considered long shot.
But most importantly don't apply to any school that you wouldn't want to go to. Apps. cost a lot of money, so do increase your chance by applying to more than just 2 or 3 but don't apply to schools all over the place just to increase your chance. I applied to 10 schools total, and they were all schools that I wouldn't mind going to, location wise or academically
🙂
 
Westside222 is a wise person - i agree.

I applied to seven schools last year, and after paying the initial fees, the secondary app. fees and then paying to go to the interviews i did attend - well, the cost is staggering, really (explains why "the rich stay rich" lol)

You don't want to limit yourself too much, but don't apply to schools you'd turn down in a second for anything else - that's a waste of your time, effort and finances

I would suggest picking out your top schools and trying to focus on them - easier if you manage to get early interviews (well, before dec. 1) That way, in an ideal world, you could get into a school for sure, cancel other interviews, and then still pursue any schools you prefered over the one you'd already been accepted at.

The DAT prep book i used suggested applying to 7 schools - i think i was just really lucky in having 7 be overkill last year.

GOOD LUCK! :clap:
 
or you can be like me...(not nearly as wise as westside) and just pick a ton of them for fear of not getting into any...