How many times can we apply

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cool_vkb

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

i know i have been asking a lot of questions these days but iam too worried. Here's my question, as i said in my earlier post, i am applying in month of september for 2007. I dont have some pre-reqs met and iam yet to take DAT. But iam preparing really good for DAT. practice tests iam getting 22AA. So iam pretty confident i might end up with a 18-19 AA. If god forbids i do pretty bad in DAT and i apply and get rejected due to 3.0 gpa and low DAT scores.

Is is possible, Then again i take DAT or MCAT by January (till that time, MCAT is also getting computerized and its gonna be just 4 hrs yahoooo!) and get some really gr8 score, finish my pre-reqs and apply like in January or Feb. Will that possible. Did anyone did that? cud i apply again in the same year. and do all seats get full by that time or they are open and will i face difficulty at that time applying. i saw in this forum some people saying they even applied in june or 1st week of july and got accepted. Then based on that do u think i will have a problem when i will reapply in january.

You guys must be asking why am i hurrying so much. I wanna get over with this application thing. if i get selected in september or october then i will be in peace for the whole remaining year and dont have to worry anything abt my future. And here is my plan, i wanna apply just to 2-3 schools in september and if i get rejected by all then i will reapply to all the 8 schools in january. I pray that i dont have to go through all these and i get accepted as early as i can.

Thank You

Members don't see this ad.

If you are worried about your GPA. Wait and apply after your 1st term. If you are worried about your DAT score tell the schools that you are willing to take the MCAT to get in.

All in all, I can't tell you how it is going to go, but I think you'll be okay. Just remember that if you are not happy with your stats, apply after your first term. Study hard and increase your GPA, that will impress them more than anything else.

cool_vkb said:
Hey guys,

i know i have been asking a lot of questions these days but iam too worried. Here's my question, as i said in my earlier post, i am applying in month of september for 2007. I dont have some pre-reqs met and iam yet to take DAT. But iam preparing really good for DAT. practice tests iam getting 22AA. So iam pretty confident i might end up with a 18-19 AA. If god forbids i do pretty bad in DAT and i apply and get rejected due to 3.0 gpa and low DAT scores.

Is is possible, Then again i take DAT or MCAT by January (till that time, MCAT is also getting computerized and its gonna be just 4 hrs yahoooo!) and get some really gr8 score, finish my pre-reqs and apply like in January or Feb. Will that possible. Did anyone did that? cud i apply again in the same year. and do all seats get full by that time or they are open and will i face difficulty at that time applying. i saw in this forum some people saying they even applied in june or 1st week of july and got accepted. Then based on that do u think i will have a problem when i will reapply in january.

You guys must be asking why am i hurrying so much. I wanna get over with this application thing. if i get selected in september or october then i will be in peace for the whole remaining year and dont have to worry anything abt my future. And here is my plan, i wanna apply just to 2-3 schools in september and if i get rejected by all then i will reapply to all the 8 schools in january. I pray that i dont have to go through all these and i get accepted as early as i can.

Thank You

:confused:

cool_vkb said:
Hey guys,

Thank You

Aim to get in the first time you apply. No one wants to go thru all of the $$$ and app process twice. I recommend you to add a few more schools to your list instead of just 2-3 schools as backup. Maybe at least 4 or 5? Just chill out, you'll be able to get in and your DAT or MCAT scores will be fine if you've been studying hard and doing well on the practice tests. The practice tests tend to be harder than the actual thing. Goodluck!