How many US-MD interviews have you been invited to?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

How many MD interviews have you been invited to?

Votes: 14 2.6%

Votes: 42 7.9%

Votes: 41 7.7%
  • 3-5

Votes: 148 27.8%
  • 6-7

Votes: 91 17.1%
  • 8-10

Votes: 98 18.4%
  • 10+

Votes: 99 18.6%

• Total voters

sekem

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please vote to how many US-MD interviews you have been invited during this cycle only!

The purpose of this poll is to find out how many interviews people have been invited to regardless of how many schools they have applied!!!

Ofcourse if you have not applied to any school, you are not conisdered an applicant and its not rocket science that you should not vote!!! :)

Members don't see this ad.

invited to 0.

applied to 0.

this poll sux.

Members don't see this ad :)
invites: 11
attended thus far: 7
acceptances: ZERO

yes, I am bitter and impatient.

wow so many people with 10+ interviews!!! :scared:

Falco, it seems you meet the standards of the "typical" Pritzker student. When did you find out and when did you interview?

plutonium i interview on Oct 9th...I got the phone call on the 5th of Dec...they take a while. Best of luck..I am 99% I will be there next year!

13 invites so far
10 interviewed at
10 acceptances

this poll is kinda weird without knowing how many you applied to. if someone applies to 5 schools and gets 5 interviews i'd say they're more successful than someone who applies to 20 and gets 6 interviews but your poll would suggest otherwise. perhaps, many people didn't even complete secondaries for 10+ schools or those who have interviews there applied to 30 med schools

Applied: 29
Invites: 17
Went to: 12
Waitlists: 2
Acceptances: 6
Still Waiting on: 4

Applied: 25
Interviews: 5
Interviews Completed: 3
Acceptances/Rejections: 0
Waitlist: 1
High Priority Waitlist: 1

Hopefully waiting on a few more...late applicant early Nov-mid Dec.

Members don't see this ad :)
Applied to: 18
Invited to interview: 12
Interviewed at: 9 (withdrew from 3)
Accepted: 4
Waiting on: 5

Applied: 17
Invites: 6
Went to: 5
Waitlists: 0
Acceptances: 3
Still Waiting on: 2 (one post interview hold said they'd let me know in feb whether i'm accepted or on waitlist)

this poll is kinda weird without knowing how many you applied to. if someone applies to 5 schools and gets 5 interviews i'd say they're more successful than someone who applies to 20 and gets 6 interviews but your poll would suggest otherwise. perhaps, many people didn't even complete secondaries for 10+ schools or those who have interviews there applied to 30 med schools

i.e., this poll sux.

Yeah, that's proof that the people who post on here are definitely not representative of the normal applicant pool.

exactly, man about 50% of people here have 8+ interview which is not reality out there!!! Wow SDN!!!

I want an f'n percentage... give me your batting average. Just Kidding.

i've gotten 8 interviews and 3 acceptances, still waiting to go on 3 interviews. I guess im pretty lucky.

I have two acceptances, one waitlist, waiting to hear from 5 schools post interview, and two interviews scheduled for later this month.

I applied to 17 schools.

Good luck everyone.

Applied: 29
Interview Invites: 10
Interviews Attended: 8
Accepted: 2
Waiting post-int: 3
WL: 2
Rejected: 5
Withdrawn: 4
Have not heard: 10
pre-int hold: 2

Applied: 16
Interview Invites: 7
Interviews Attended: 3 so far (other 4 pending)
Accepted: 0
Waiting post-int: 2
WL: 1
Rejected: 3
pre-int hold: 1
Withdrawn: 0
Have not heard: 9

So apparently, with all the "Aaaaah, I don't have an interview" threads, they're just an overly vocal group rather than as common. The statistician in me also thinks it's very interesting that this is incredibly skewed right rather than normal...

Applied: 15
Interview Invites: 11
Interviews Attended: 9
Accepted: 7
Waiting post-int: 2
WL: 0
Rejected: 1 (Pre-interview! darn you UWash)
pre-int hold: 1
Withdrawn: 2
Have not heard: 2

Applied: 15
Interview Invites: 9
Interviews Attended: 8
Accepted: 5
Waiting post-int: 3
WL: 0
Rejected: 0
pre-int hold: 0
Withdrawn: 4 (including 1 acceptance, 1 interview invite)
Have not heard: 4 (most likely will be rejections, at this point)

this works better than the poll.

applied to: 6
invited to interview: 6

went to interview: 4
accepted: 4

So, I would look like the bottom end of your spectrum yet I was 6 for 6... agree with everyone else, change the poll to percentage. That would be much more useful and interesting.

the purpose of this thread is NOT to see how good people have done on their applied v.s interview thing that some of you guys are pushing for!

The purpose is to just see how many interviews you have been invited to REGARDLESS of the number of applied schools!

the purpose of this thread is NOT to see how good people have done on their applied v.s interview thing that some of you guys are pushing for!

The purpose is to just see how many interviews you have been invited to REGARDLESS of the number of applied schools!

okay. then thank you everyone else for violating the purpose of this thread and thereby making it meaningful.

Holy crap. Over 10 interviews?!? this thread makes me depressed. :oops:

wow this poll doesn't look like a bell curve at all.

if i had a 30 mcat and applied to *every* allo medical school in the country, i would probably get a high number of interviews. there's nothing meaningful we can interpret from the results of this poll.

if i had a 30 mcat and applied to *every* allo medical school in the country, i would probably get a high number of interviews. there's nothing meaningful we can interpret from the results of this poll.

dudet, I am sick of you comments, no one really cares what you say and the result of this poll are not supposed to be used in an NIH research article. Just get the hell out of here! You make me throw out! :thumbdown:

yeh, this one make me get scared a bit! I honestly do not believe 20% of applicants get 10+ interviews! I guess SDN people are really the gunners as a whole!

The results are meaningful. It tells us how many interviews people were invited to (shock!). Yes, this can be a reflection of either how many schools one applied to, or a success of secondary appications. A percentage would give different data, but this one is still usefull. The only reason some people don't like it is because they're personalizing (big shock on SDN) and trying to figure out how they can outdo someone with more interview invites than them. Stupid pre-med competition and jealousy makes me sick. :barf:

dudet, I am sick of you comments, no one really cares what you say and the result of this poll are not supposed to be used in an NIH research article. Just get the hell out of here! You make me throw out! :thumbdown:

wtf ^ :confused:

yeh, this one make me get scared a bit! I honestly do not believe 20% of applicants get 10+ interviews! I guess SDN people are really the gunners as a whole!

. . . or they are neurotic about average numbers and apply to a lot of safety schools. you can't tell the difference with these results. what's keeping me from shutting up about this is that ppl are drawing inappropriate conclusions. it just makes me want to throw out! yes, we know how many interviews ppl on sdn are going to. but so what? the poll doesn't associate the number of interviews with anything, so it ultimately provides a small little factoid that gives us *no* insight into the admissions process.

i'm also persistent because i *think* (i could not be remembering correctly) you've started polls in the past that could have been better planned.

. . . or they are neurotic about average numbers and apply to a lot of safety schools. you can't tell the difference with these results. what's keeping me from shutting up about this is that ppl are drawing inappropriate conclusions. it just makes me want to throw out! yes, we know how many interviews ppl on sdn are going to. but so what? the poll doesn't associate the number of interviews with anything, so it ultimately provides a small little factoid that gives us *no* insight into the admissions process.

i'm also persistent because i *think* (i could not be remembering correctly) you've started polls in the past that could have been better planned.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :thumbup:

Applied: 25
I-view Invites: 15
I-views Attended: 8
Acceptances: 3
Deferred: 2
Waitlist: 2
Rejections: 3

I for one (or at least two) was interested in knowing how many invites people received.
Stop pissing and moaning and go make your own g.d. poll then. God, this is precisely why there is no progress in our world today.

God, this is precisely why there is no progress in our world today.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

i agree that if people didn't persist in pointing out faults in the way things are done there would be more progress

. . . toward fascist idiocracy.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

i agree that if people didn't persist in pointing out faults in the way things are done there would be more progress

. . . toward fascist idiocracy.

:rolleyes: Yes, I dream of a place where people sit around and point out faults, rather than being pro-active and changing them...

Detroit, we're still waiting on that magical poll which will encompass all aspects of medical school application...

:rolleyes: Yes, I dream of a place where people sit around and point out faults, rather than being pro-active and changing them...

Detroit, we're still waiting on that magical poll which will encompass all aspects of medical school application...

no need to wait. someone else already started a more useful poll yesterday, in response to the criticisms on this thread:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=366895

no need to wait. someone else already started a more useful poll yesterday, in response to the criticisms on this thread:

good, go there and piss off!