How much did you spent on hotel & flights?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

How much so far in total for hotel+flights/bus?

• less than $500

Votes: 16 25.4%
  • $500-$1000

Votes: 13 20.6%
  • $1000-$1500

Votes: 9 14.3%
  • >$1500

Votes: 25 39.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

stillincollege

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

So far just for flights, I have spent over $500 for 2 schools. For one of them, I spent over $300 for 2 nights stay at a hotel. It is scary and there is no way around it...because there is no cheap hotels close to the school.

Just venting for my poor credit card...how much have you guys spent...? :)

Members don't see this ad.

think the range should be greater.. lols a majority of ppl would choose >1500 by the end of the cycle

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
About 350 on 3 schools so far. (150 and 200 for plane tickets, no hotel costs yet)

think the range should be greater.. lols a majority of ppl would choose >1500 by the end of the cycle

yeah I agree. It is scary that we all are paying so much :eek:

Good luck to everyone's interview! :thumbup:

I spend about $125 on each interview. PM me if you want some frugal tips.

Just a tad over $3,000...it better be well worth it! :laugh:

Just a tad over $3,000...it better be well worth it! :laugh:
three crowns, one inviseline, 4 extractions, a dozen fillings, 2 molar RCTs. anyone of these will cover your expenses. :}

three crowns, one inviseline, 4 extractions, a dozen fillings, 2 molar RCTs. anyone of these will cover your expenses. :}

Yeah, what's going to cover DS tution? :rolleyes:

For me, its about 1k for 3 interviews. Managed to pinch pennies by only flying to the farthest one.

Yeah, what's going to cover DS tution? :rolleyes:

For me, its about 1k for 3 interviews. Managed to pinch pennies by only flying to the farthest one.
lets say $300,000 all together, that makes out to be 30 crowns per year for the next ten years. not that bad.

edit: considering lab fees, over-head costs, and one or two lawsuits. probably 40 per year for the next ten years.

lets say $300,000 all together, that makes out to be 30 crowns per year for the next ten years. not that bad.

edit: considering lab fees, over-head costs, and one or two lawsuits. probably 40 per year for the next ten years.
What happened to the interest? Where did the money come from to have this magical practice where you get so many crowns? What if you work at a mill or as an associate where you get paid a salary rather than by procedure (which will be the majority of grads). I'm just saying it's nowhere near that simple.

Pssssst. let me live in my simpler, pre-balding-graying-stressed out period.

Fight! Fight! Fight!

Ok Jk. I do enjoy the occasional flame war though.

Hey, you can also check out www.airbnb.com for cheaper stay. I use it when I travel all the time and have saved lots of money and it's more comfortable and less hassle than hotels.