How much do you guys study over the summer?

Started by Yazo
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
As an undergrad I have never studied over summer. As the last poster said, just worry about working to make some money and enjoying the summer when you can. Studying over summer does basically nothing, anyways.
 
I will usually look over the first few chapters of my textbooks a couple days before classes start to lighten my load a bit that first week.

Otherwise, I really don't study much at all over the summer.
 
Not at all.
I did have a friend from Japan that would study all of his course material in great depth during the summer and when he was in school during the fall/winter he'd do f*ck all.
 
My freshmen year summer I read the entire 1200 page biology textbook, just for fun though, not to get ahead. I think that's when I knew I wanted to major in biology/ become a physician. Yes I am a nerd haha
 
I will usually look over the first few chapters of my textbooks a couple days before classes start to lighten my load a bit that first week.

Otherwise, I really don't study much at all over the summer.

^this is probably the most you need ever do for undergrad. Enjoy your summer. It keeps you from burning out prematurely during the semester.
 
None really.. What is there to study if you don't take summer classes? When it comes to for the MCAT I probably will though.
During summer I dedicate myself to volunteering A LOT
this summer I average 10-12 a week.. Makes me sick.. I feel inadequate, like a total loser.. I didn't do enough!!
Next summer I want to average 30-40 a week, and do research as well
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm studying my chemistry textbook far ahead, but only because the class is notoriously difficult at my school (for most people). P:
 
Here's a fun story about going way too far:

I'm tutoring this kid in grade 12 chem (last year of HS for non-Canadians) daily until classes start. Every day I ask him what he did last night, and he says "review questions from the unit we covered yesterday". When I asked him how he did in grade 11 chem he said "I got a 90... I usually do a lot better, that's why I need tutoring". Some people (and their parents) are just nuts.
 
Personally, I worked throughout every summer and would come home fairly exhausted.

Didn't do any studying. Instead, I would read for fun.
 
I study better ways to SLEEP ALL DAY EVERYDAY! I love sleep. Its precious to me.

I'll sleep when I'm dead.

Here's a fun story about going way too far:

I'm tutoring this kid in grade 12 chem (last year of HS for non-Canadians) daily until classes start. Every day I ask him what he did last night, and he says "review questions from the unit we covered yesterday". When I asked him how he did in grade 11 chem he said "I got a 90... I usually do a lot better, that's why I need tutoring". Some people (and their parents) are just nuts.

Only people with 4.0's go to a good college and get a good job. That's just a tiger parent fact.
 
None really.. What is there to study if you don't take summer classes? When it comes to for the MCAT I probably will though.
During summer I dedicate myself to volunteering A LOT
this summer I average 10-12 a week.. Makes me sick.. I feel inadequate, like a total loser.. I didn't do enough!!
Next summer I want to average 30-40 a week, and do research as well
Omg you call yourself a premed, only doing 12 hours a week??
 
None really.. What is there to study if you don't take summer classes? When it comes to for the MCAT I probably will though.
During summer I dedicate myself to volunteering A LOT
this summer I average 10-12 a week.. Makes me sick.. I feel inadequate, like a total loser.. I didn't do enough!!
Next summer I want to average 30-40 a week, and do research as well

I stopped watching interviews with Trump since your trolling of SDN
 
I was productive over my summers, but not by pre-studying for my upcoming classes, which I think is a waste of time in undergrad.
 
I tried doing that the summer before Orgo. Realized it was stupid and stopped. One thing I did do is rewatch the shotgun histo series to help out with TAing. Maybe took just over an hour?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad