-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
How much do you guys study over the summer?
Started by Yazo
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
For undergrad? Most people not at all. Work/relax in the summer, trying to "get ahead" by studying in the summer is just for the extremely obsessive... actually I change my answer to only people on SDN.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
R
RTC19
I will usually look over the first few chapters of my textbooks a couple days before classes start to lighten my load a bit that first week.
Otherwise, I really don't study much at all over the summer.
Otherwise, I really don't study much at all over the summer.
If by "study" you mean "drink beer" then an awful lot.
Not at all.
I did have a friend from Japan that would study all of his course material in great depth during the summer and when he was in school during the fall/winter he'd do f*ck all.
I did have a friend from Japan that would study all of his course material in great depth during the summer and when he was in school during the fall/winter he'd do f*ck all.
My freshmen year summer I read the entire 1200 page biology textbook, just for fun though, not to get ahead. I think that's when I knew I wanted to major in biology/ become a physician. Yes I am a nerd haha
I will usually look over the first few chapters of my textbooks a couple days before classes start to lighten my load a bit that first week.
Otherwise, I really don't study much at all over the summer.
^this is probably the most you need ever do for undergrad. Enjoy your summer. It keeps you from burning out prematurely during the semester.
Rest up! Then crank out the work during the school year 🙂
Why would you study ahead? You just end up studying it wrong and then get all confused and having to relearn it.
None really.. What is there to study if you don't take summer classes? When it comes to for the MCAT I probably will though.
During summer I dedicate myself to volunteering A LOT
this summer I average 10-12 a week.. Makes me sick.. I feel inadequate, like a total loser.. I didn't do enough!!
Next summer I want to average 30-40 a week, and do research as well
During summer I dedicate myself to volunteering A LOT
this summer I average 10-12 a week.. Makes me sick.. I feel inadequate, like a total loser.. I didn't do enough!!
Next summer I want to average 30-40 a week, and do research as well
I study better ways to SLEEP ALL DAY EVERYDAY! I love sleep. Its precious to me.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Here's a fun story about going way too far:
I'm tutoring this kid in grade 12 chem (last year of HS for non-Canadians) daily until classes start. Every day I ask him what he did last night, and he says "review questions from the unit we covered yesterday". When I asked him how he did in grade 11 chem he said "I got a 90... I usually do a lot better, that's why I need tutoring". Some people (and their parents) are just nuts.
I'm tutoring this kid in grade 12 chem (last year of HS for non-Canadians) daily until classes start. Every day I ask him what he did last night, and he says "review questions from the unit we covered yesterday". When I asked him how he did in grade 11 chem he said "I got a 90... I usually do a lot better, that's why I need tutoring". Some people (and their parents) are just nuts.
Just wondering, because I've just opened my books a bit.
I just clinically volunteered before my first year, and reviewed my chemistry.. Just a little bit, not much.
Personally, I worked throughout every summer and would come home fairly exhausted.
Didn't do any studying. Instead, I would read for fun.
Didn't do any studying. Instead, I would read for fun.
I study better ways to SLEEP ALL DAY EVERYDAY! I love sleep. Its precious to me.
I'll sleep when I'm dead.
Here's a fun story about going way too far:
I'm tutoring this kid in grade 12 chem (last year of HS for non-Canadians) daily until classes start. Every day I ask him what he did last night, and he says "review questions from the unit we covered yesterday". When I asked him how he did in grade 11 chem he said "I got a 90... I usually do a lot better, that's why I need tutoring". Some people (and their parents) are just nuts.
Only people with 4.0's go to a good college and get a good job. That's just a tiger parent fact.
I'll sleep when I'm dead.
[emoji52] hard core.
Only people with 4.0's go to a good college and get a good job. That's just a tiger parent fact.
I swear to god you are one of the most genius satirical accounts we've had!Next summer I want to average 30-40 a week, and do research as well
Omg you call yourself a premed, only doing 12 hours a week??None really.. What is there to study if you don't take summer classes? When it comes to for the MCAT I probably will though.
During summer I dedicate myself to volunteering A LOT
this summer I average 10-12 a week.. Makes me sick.. I feel inadequate, like a total loser.. I didn't do enough!!
Next summer I want to average 30-40 a week, and do research as well
None really.. What is there to study if you don't take summer classes? When it comes to for the MCAT I probably will though.
During summer I dedicate myself to volunteering A LOT
this summer I average 10-12 a week.. Makes me sick.. I feel inadequate, like a total loser.. I didn't do enough!!
Next summer I want to average 30-40 a week, and do research as well
I stopped watching interviews with Trump since your trolling of SDN
Just wondering, because I've just opened my books a bit.
I used to study female anatomy over summer breaks.
I was productive over my summers, but not by pre-studying for my upcoming classes, which I think is a waste of time in undergrad.
I go to the best school in the country, I'm really really smart! You know how? I got 10 freaking million in the bank!! /sarcasmI stopped watching interviews with Trump since your trolling of SDN
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Similar threads
- Replies
- 2
- Views
- 821
- Replies
- 5
- Views
- 1K
- Replies
- 7
- Views
- 1K