How screwed am I after making a mistake on my secondary?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

preston johnnson

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I submitted my secondary essay and for some reason the bio/edu portion was blank. I had written something but it never was saved. The question was: Please explain any gaps in education or employment longer than holidays and semester breaks. AND Indicate any changes or additions that have occurred since submitting your TMDSAS application. (Including, but not limited to, education, employment, extracurricular activities, research, military service, academic warnings, conduct violations, and/or if you have been charged, convicted of, plead guilty, or entered a plea of no contest to a felony or misdemeanor crime.)

It seems like a technical glitch. Will the school let me redo the app?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Email someone from admissions or call admissions and explain the situation. It happens

Members don't see this ad :)
Screwed? Negative. First, there a lot of people who do not fill that portion out because they have nothing to say in it. However, if you do, then you can email someone at the school and see what they say. Could be as simple as them saying it truly is not that big of a deal or them letting you re-do it.

However, there is ALWAYS the chance that they see it as the applicant did not pay attention to minor details and ding you for it. Again, not sure how likely that is, but there is always that chance.

3 words... Pack the sunscreen....

Lol jk... you're fine, things happen. Call them and explain