How strict are DO schools with min GPA requirements?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
CUSOM is strict 3.2 cutoff, KYCOM is holistic if you have a strong MCAT, I'm waiting to find out from KCU

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
CUSOM is strict 3.2 cutoff, KYCOM is holistic if you have a strong MCAT, I'm waiting to find out from KCU

I want to apply to KCU so bad but I don’t want to apply to another school that says they are “holistic” and then them auto reject me lmfao

Members don't see this ad :)
KCU was on my list but man, I just don’t know.
I have a close friend there and he said they are really holistic. He said they take SMP into consideration but they like your MCAT to be solid.

I have a close friend there and he said they are really holistic. He said they take SMP into consideration but they like your MCAT to be solid.

Not sure what Solid is for them. Time to do some digging

and I most decidedly do not
I have the MCAT but not the GPA lol. I emailed admissions and they told me they look at everything and take masters and post BSCC work into consideration with low GPA applicants

I have the MCAT but not the GPA lol. I emailed admissions and they told me they look at everything and take masters and post BSCC work into consideration with low GPA applicants

I would say my SMP is good enough but other GPAs and 501 so gun to my head, I may not get much love. On the other hand, they say they like non trads with medical experience. So I don’t know

I would say my SMP is good enough but other GPAs and 501 so gun to my head, I may not get much love. On the other hand, they say they like non trads with medical experience. So I don’t know

I would go for it bro!

I have seen that a number of DO schools have a minimum science GPA of 3.0. My overall science GPA falls below that. However, I did an SMP and got a 3.6 and have an MCAT of 518. I was just wondering if these DO schools will still consider my application? How strict are they with these minimum requirements?

Thank you so much

I would try for DO schools already. Considering you have a 3.6 from an SMP and a 518 MCAT, I think you have a chance. If you want to be sure, you might want to ask @Goro to be sure.