how stupid is it that we can't post questions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stoic

"Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted"
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, so first of all, I have no gripe with SDN not wanting to get involved with any legal strong arming by the AAMC.

My gripe is with AAMC saying we can't discuss questions. That's Bull$hit. They might have copyrighted a specific questions for a specific test on a specific day, but they sure has hell can't copyright that knowledge.

They say "don't remember anything from the MCAT" What? Are they stoopid? Of course we all remember questions that we had to think extra hard about. Of course we're going to talk to our friends about those questions.

For instance, in a previous thread somebody ask about ATP and muscles. Now, I don't know what the specific questions on the test was... But I do that muscle contraction is powered by ATP hydrolysis and this causes crossbridge cycling. If the AAMC has a problem with me presenting that knowledge, then they'd better have a talk with just about every physiology professor in the world.

Is it a copyright violation to ask about a concept? Even if that concept was tested on copyrighted material, they can't possibly hope to copyright the concept.

Ok. I'm done.

Members don't see this ad.

daveswafford said:
Ok, so first of all, I have no gripe with SDN not wanting to get involved with any legal strong arming by the AAMC.

My gripe is with AAMC saying we can't discuss questions. That's Bull$hit. They might have copyrighted a specific questions for a specific test on a specific day, but they sure has hell can't copyright that knowledge.

They say "don't remember anything from the MCAT" What? Are they stoopid? Of course we all remember questions that we had to think extra hard about. Of course we're going to talk to our friends about those questions.

For instance, in a previous thread somebody ask about ATP and muscles. Now, I don't know what the specific questions on the test was... But I do that muscle contraction is powered by ATP hydrolysis and this causes crossbridge cycling. If the AAMC has a problem with me presenting that knowledge, then they'd better have a talk with just about every physiology professor in the world.

Is it a copyright violation to ask about a concept? Even if that concept was tested on copyrighted material, they can't possibly hope to copyright the concept.

Ok. I'm done.

I 100% Agree.

fun8stuff said:
I 100% Agree.
I'm afraid that I previously copyrighted the phrase "I 100% Agree." Please desist in the memorization of things I say, type, or think.

indyzx said:
I'm afraid that I previously copyrighted the phrase "I 100% Agree." Please desist in the memorization of things I say, type, or think.

HA!!!!!!!!!! :laugh:
You and Trump... "You're Fired!" ... indeed.

And, for the record... there was a ton of stuff on there from ExamKrackers... so maybe i'll just discuss THAT.

Members don't see this ad :)
also remember that there are people taking the exam tomorrow so we give then an unfair advantage.

unfair advantage?....they are gonna have a different test.

The MCAT admin know that somebody will tell those folks about wut to study and etc...so there is no unfair advantage

People who took it in august on Sunday had the same passages as the people who took it on Saturday. It's good to be a jew.