1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

how stupid is it that we can't post questions?

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by stoic, Apr 17, 2004.

1. stoic

stoic "Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted"
    Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Ok, so first of all, I have no gripe with SDN not wanting to get involved with any legal strong arming by the AAMC.

My gripe is with AAMC saying we can't discuss questions. That's Bull$hit. They might have copyrighted a specific questions for a specific test on a specific day, but they sure has hell can't copyright that knowledge.

They say "don't remember anything from the MCAT" What? Are they stoopid? Of course we all remember questions that we had to think extra hard about. Of course we're going to talk to our friends about those questions.

For instance, in a previous thread somebody ask about ATP and muscles. Now, I don't know what the specific questions on the test was... But I do that muscle contraction is powered by ATP hydrolysis and this causes crossbridge cycling. If the AAMC has a problem with me presenting that knowledge, then they'd better have a talk with just about every physiology professor in the world.

Is it a copyright violation to ask about a concept? Even if that concept was tested on copyrighted material, they can't possibly hope to copyright the concept.

Ok. I'm done.

2. fun8stuff

fun8stuff *hiding from patients*
    15+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I 100% Agree.

3. IndyZX

7+ Year Member

I'm afraid that I previously copyrighted the phrase "I 100% Agree." Please desist in the memorization of things I say, type, or think.

4. CoverMe

CoverMe Registered Republican
    7+ Year Member

HA!!!!!!!!!! :laugh:
    You and Trump... "You're Fired!" ... indeed.

And, for the record... there was a ton of stuff on there from ExamKrackers... so maybe i'll just discuss THAT.

5. Persistence101

Persistence101 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

also remember that there are people taking the exam tomorrow so we give then an unfair advantage.

6. ASDIC

ASDIC The 9th Flotilla
    15+ Year Member

Medical Student
    unfair advantage?....they are gonna have a different test.

The MCAT admin know that somebody will tell those folks about wut to study and etc...so there is no unfair advantage

7. blz

blz Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    People who took it in august on Sunday had the same passages as the people who took it on Saturday. It's good to be a jew.