How to build your profile as an international?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bds2dds92

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, just few thoughts:

How do I build strong relations in order to get a recommendation letter from a dentist in the U.S. ? And how do I enhance my profile as an international dentist who does not have GC or citizenship? Does home experience count when viewing applications or they usually prefer US experience (like research assisting, etc..)

Thank you for any input given

Members don't see this ad.

You can’t legally work, I guess volunteering is an option, but you need to be good at it. Maybe attend dental assisting courses. The best option for you will be some kind of research, where you can show punctuality and determination, accuracy and knowledge.
It’s hard to find the dentist who will tolerate your shadowing, just because you will be a distraction
It’s important to have the US experience, because whatever comes from abroad often considered to be a lie - too many people before us lied

Reactions: 1 user
You can’t legally work, I guess volunteering is an option, but you need to be good at it. Maybe attend dental assisting courses. The best option for you will be some kind of research, where you can show punctuality and determination, accuracy and knowledge.
It’s hard to find the dentist who will tolerate your shadowing, just because you will be a distraction
It’s important to have the US experience, because whatever comes from abroad often considered to be a lie - too many people before us lied

Can you please share any advice on how to get involved in a research especially if you have zero research experience in your country?

Much appreciated,
Thanks

I didn’t do any research in the US. I would advise you to search for a research facilities in your area and ask them

Reactions: 1 user